Fates Intertwined

"He's more myself than I am.

Whatever our souls are made of,

his and mine are one and the same."
____________________

Sighing, I turned the corner, Damien hot on my heels as I approached Livius' office. My bottom lip slipping in between my teeth, as I halted a few steps away from his door and nervously played with my fingers.

"Come on, Queen Alexandria," Damien urged, staring down at me, his forest green eyes forceful as he gestured towards the door, "You have to talk to him."

"Don't call me that," I mumbled in response, looking away from him as I attempted to reign in my emotions.

He simply rolled his eyes, crossing his arms and gazing at me expectantly.

"Why do I have to do this anyway?" I asked, shifting under his gaze.

"You two haven't spoken in like three days. I don't know what the fuck happened at that mall, but it's causing way too many problems. He's snapping at his wolves, and is literally angry at everyone. All his advisors, and even his Beta and Delta, have agreed that you two need to settle whatever is going on. So stop being stubborn and go talk to him," he sighed, tiredly rubbing his head.

He did have a point. Livius was practically always upset lately, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. He was ignoring me for obvious reasons, whilst unintentionally taking his annoyance out on his wolves.

I barely even saw him anymore, except at night. He made it his mission to avoid conversing with me, so I just stopped trying. I missed his warmth more than anything, but he'd already made up his mind.

I huffed, pursing my lips, as I met his gaze.

"We are talking," I added silently.

He shot me a pointed look, "Stop lying."

Sighing defeatedly, I chose to comply.

Turning away from him, I stepped towards the door, my clenched fist hesitantly coming up to knock on it,"Wait for me here, okay?" I requested, and my guard gave a mock salute as he casually leaned against the wall just a few yards away.

Knocking on the door, I found myself pulling it open the moment I heard Livius say "come in."

Shutting the door behind me, I looked around the room, my eyes settling on my busy mate. His face drowned in paperwork, and a pair of reading glasses over his eyes, making him look all the more attractive.

"Do you need anything, Alexandria?" he questioned, not looking up, and I inhaled deeply, only to be hit with another wave of his intoxicating scent.

When I didn't respond, he glanced up at me, slipping off his glasses as his cold and calculating gaze met my own.

"N-no, it's just-" I paused, clearing my throat as I internally cringed at the stutter.

How was I supposed to talk to him like he was my mate when he was staring at me like I was one of his most ungrateful subjects?

Goddess, he really was mad.

"It's just, they um," I began, shaking my head as I attempted to organize my thoughts.

Leaning back in his chair, his face remained emotionless as he regarded me, "My advisors asked you to come talk to me, didn't they?"

Before I could even respond, he waved a dismissive hand, "Ignore them, I'll deal with their nosiness later," he ordered, and I frowned at the dismissal.