Luna della mia Vita

I put my feelings on safety,

So I don't go shooting where your heart beat

'Cause you take the bullet tryna save me,

Then I'm left to deal with makin' you bleed
__________________________

"Alexius," I hesitantly whispered, shutting the door behind me as I hugged the pillow impossibly closer to my chest, my eyes attempting to adjust to the darkness.

I could hear his relaxed breathing as he dozed off, mind completely unaware that I was even there. Stepping towards him, I poked his shoulder, my hand briefly retreating back to my chest, before coming back to tap him again.

I let out a small gasp as he suddenly grabbed my wrist, aqua blue eyes cracking open as they frantically met my own. I winced at the pressure, my body unaccustomed to being roughly handled.

His grip immediately relaxed when he realized who I was, and Alexius released a quiet sigh, "Alexandria, what are you doing in here?"

Biting my lip, I watched as he sat up, his hand coming up to run through his hair as he regarded me, "I'm scared, Alexius."

"Of what?" he arched a brow.

"The wolf," I admitted.

"What wolf?"

"The wolf you were talking about."

He furrowed his brows in confusion, completely unaware of what I was talking about. However, after a few moments, a look of realization washed over his features, and he narrowed his eyes, "What have father and I told you about eavesdropping?"

"Is it true? Do the wolves really hate us now?" I asked instead.

Alexius paused, eyes unsure, before his lips pulled into a forced smile, "Stop worrying your little head about that, Princess," he stated, whilst playfully poking my forehead, "Your job is to just relax and let father take care of it."

"So it's true then?" I questioned fearfully.

He didn't reply, instead scooting over, and patting the area beside him. He slowly gestured for me to sit down as he leaned against the headboard.

Settling beside him, I pulled the covers over me before looking up at him again, refusing to pause in my questioning, "Does this mean we'll never get to see Queen Isa again? She was so nice to everyone when she visited that one time."

Alexius stiffened, a sad expression overcoming his features as his blue eyes glazed over, "I don't think that's happening," was all he said, voice low.

"Why not?" I mumbled unknowingly, my innocent mind completely unmindful of the tragedy that had occurred less than forty-eight hours ago.

"We would've had a lot of fun," I continued, my tiny hands tightening around the fabric of my brothers blanket as my heart suddenly sunk.

Alexius sighed again, eyes tired and he suddenly pulled me into a hug, my eyes widening at the strange action,"Alexandria, listen to me," he began, voice serious, "Sometimes things don't work out as planned. Sometimes things can go inexplicably wrong. And all we can do is pray for the best. I want you to remember that no matter what happens in the next few days."

Taking in his words, I nodded without fully understanding the deeper meaning.

"You wanna sleep over?" he offered a few moments later, and I found myself nodding as I fluffed the pillow I had brought.