Mates?

"You were the storm in my heart,

The waves that crashed in my soul and threw me into the tempest,

There was no shore in this savage place, yet I wouldn't have had it any other way,

This was by far the most beautiful place to get lost in."
________________________

He was glorious.

He had the brightest blue eyes I had ever seen. His black hair was slightly messy, and one thick strand fell in front of his face and I watched, fascinated, as his hand moved to push it away. He had a chiseled jawline, with a bit of stubble, and high cheekbones. I could see the muscle that rippled beneath his shirt, and he was dressed in a black suit, that had a blue and gold crest to the left. He looked every inch a King, and I found myself melting just by having his gaze on me.

"Mate."

My eyes widened in complete shock, while Jayden's jaw fell to the ground.

"Impossible," the king murmured, while the sea of blue continued to draw me in. Any previous thought, or plans I may have had were completely erased, and for a second I was completely blind to my surroundings.

Snapping out of my daze, I shook my head, forcing myself to break eye contact, "The Alpha King's mate, huh? That sky bitch is shitting me," I muttered, breaking the silence, and both males raised their brows.

"Good luck with this one, my king," Jayden snorted.

I scowled at him, "Shut up, you undeserving imp," I bit out, and he glared at me, causing me to glower back.

"That's a bit rich coming from the person who can't even respect her own damn creator," he retorted.

I opened my mouth to respond, my eyes narrowing on his frame, but the kings voice caused me to pause.

"Stop," was all he said, his gaze sliding over to his Beta.

"How is this possible?" he shook his head, "I've been to this city several times before, and yet I've never found you."

"Well you can thank your idiotic wolves for our meeting," I murmured under my breath, and the Alpha King rolled his eyes before stepping forward.

He raised a set of keys on his index finger which I assumed to be for the silver handcuffs around my wrists.

My face brightened,"You want to let me go now, mate," I smiled.

"I would love to, but who's to say you won't erase my memories like you did the rest of my wolves," he said, quirking a brow, and I bit my lip.

How does he know?

"I couldn't, even if I wanted to, my wolf wouldn't allow it," I pouted refusing to allow my shock to seep through.

"Fair enough," he stated, whilst leaning forward, his face inches from my own. My breath hitched at his closeness and I could practically feel his amusement at my reaction as he freed my bound wrists before slowly pulling away from me, his warmth disappearing.

I let out a sigh of relief when I felt the metals fall away from my skin, and immediately pulled my now painfully red wrists up to my chest.

"Why, thank you, your majesty," I said sarcastically, putting emphasis on the title, but his sharp eyes simply lingered on my wrists.

"This girl? Of all the she-wolves we've met," Jayden spoke up, his voice incredulous, and I nodded in agreement.

"I know right. Of all the three and a half billion men in the world, the moon goddess just couldn't help but pair me up with the werewolf king," I sighed, countering his shocked statement.