Prison Discussions

"Chaos, leave me never.

Keep me wild and keep me free,

So that my brokenness will be the only beauty the world will see."
_______________________

"Did anyone show up last night?" my mother asked, while brewing us some coffee, and I laid my head on the counter, whilst yawning tiredly.

Sighing, she turned around to face me, "I guess that's a yes."

She looked effortlessly beautiful as always. Her tan skin was practically glowing, bright brown eyes which were framed with thick black eyelashes were staring at me questioningly, and her light brown hair was tied back into a sleek low ponytail.

"Where are they?" she inquired curiously.

"I tied them up and threw their useless asses in the basement," I murmured, my head still on the counter, and she arched a brow at me.

"Language, Alexandria," she scolded before her face slipped into a nervous expression.

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle them every night I'm gone?" Mrs. Valentina asked slowly, and I nodded.

"It's no big deal," I waved a hand, "they're all just weaklings who love to mess with rogues."

This has been happening for as long as I can remember. Rogues are at the bottom of werewolf society, so it's only natural that were attacked and targeted by any pack wolves who pass by this unclaimed territory. So when Mrs. Valentina and I sense any wolves that aren't rogues nearby, one of us stays up in case they decide to attack. Perhaps It's just how things work, besides it's fun testing my strength on a couple of idiotic goons.

"Last night it was the king's guard, Alexandria, are you sure it's safe for you to be here alone?" she asked, dark eyes filled with worry.

"Mom, I'll be fine, besides I'm going to take them down to the police station, and the King will probably hear about what happened. I don't think this'll happen again," I told her, and she sighed, before sliding me my coffee across the counter.

We sat in silence for a few moments as I thought over how to tell her the tiny fact I had deliberately overlooked.

Inhaling deeply, I casually trailed my finger along the edges of my mug, "Okay, but I have to admit, there is a little problem," I murmured, and she arched a perfect brow.

"What is it?" she inquired, taking a sip of her coffee.

"I may have used some magic," I mumbled, praying she didn't hear, but I knew she did when she suddenly erupted into a coughing fit.

"Are you crazy?! Alexandria, why?!" she exclaimed, and I looked away, ashamed.

Glancing back up at her, I answered, "They were strong mom, I had no choice, and they had a gun."

"You've never used magic on any of the other wolves, were these guys really that different?" she questioned, and I begrudgingly nodded, crossing my arms.

"I should've seen it coming, they were from the king's army," I pouted.

She sighed before saying,"Just come with me, Alexandria. We can book you a last minute flight."

"It's fine mom, it'll come to pass," I assured her, but her frown remained.

She was leaving on a business trip this afternoon, and she wouldn't be back for another three weeks. She was a businesswoman after all, she was always busy, and I find it insanely convenient that this was happening right now.