Strange Visions

"Little dove, I love you so but I know you had to go.

So spread your wings and fly my love,

Soar above the world my dove.

Paint the sky in indigo, let your graceful colors flow,

And I'll search the sky for your rainbow."
________________________

"Alexandria."

He kept calling me 'Alexandria'.

Those were my only thoughts as I ran a brush through my hair, before quickly pulling it together into one thick braid.

I had already finished my shower, and after pulling on a comfortable nightgown, I attempted to distract myself by wasting my time doing trivial tasks.

Livius was already laying down, a book in hand, his eyes never once drifting towards me. I let out a sigh, before slowly slipping into bed beside him. I watched as he turned off the light, my eyes immediately adjusting so that I could still see every detail regardless.

We were silent for a few moments, before I spoke up, "You're upset with me."

"Oh? How shocking," he mused, voice mocking.

"Livius, you can't seriously be mad at me over this," I whined, meeting his gaze in the dark.

"Yes, I can Alexandria, and I will. You made the decision to leave here without telling anyone. You made the decision to run away whilst knowing that it would throw everyone into panic. You made the decision to choose your own desires over your own safety, and the safety of this kingdom," he spoke up, bright blue eyes filled with displeasure, and slight disappointment.

"I-" I began, but stopped short, my voice cutting off as there was no possible excuse I could think of, no way to make it seem like I was in the right. He was disappointed in me. This man who stared at me as though I was the most incredible being in the world was disappointed in me, and there was nothing I could possibly say to make it better.

"You do realize that I ran miles to get here in order to personally ensure that you were unharmed only to find out that you ran off to a concert. Would it have killed you to leave a note behind or something?" he asked, unaware of my growing regret.

"I threatened to have a wolf's head on a-"

My hand came to rest over his mouth, the covers sliding across the bare skin of my arm as I slowly got up and stared down at him.

"Stop it," I breathed, voice mellow, "stop reminding me."

He stared up at me as though just now realizing that his words actually affected me, but I continued, "I know I worried you, and I know you don't want to admit it but I did scare you, and I'm sorry. I really mean it, Livius. It was a good ass concert, but it wasn't worth your resentment."

Livius hesitated for a moment, eyes searching my own before gently pulling me down towards him, my head now leaning against his chest, as his warm hand came to rest at the back of it, "I don't resent you," was all he said.

I buried my head deeper into his chest, shifting slightly so I could inhale his powerful scent, "Can we just forget this?" I murmured, and he only hummed in response, quietly agreeing.

We fell into a comfortable silence, my thoughts peaceful, and body relaxed, as he gently played with a loose strand of my hair, his calloused finger absentmindedly twirling it around.