New Relations

"Her soul was too deep to explore by those who only swam in the shallow end."
_______________________

I had to admit, I was rather terrified after Livius left.

All of these people were practically strangers to me; however the moment I began engaging in conversation with Elle, I found myself being pulled into the flow of things.

Jayden sat across from me, to Livius' right, and his mate, sat immediately beside him. To my left was a muscular wolf with the most alluring hazel eyes named William, and apparently he was the one responsible for the main training of Livius' wolves.

Along the main table were most of Livius' personal advisors who had made it a point to come and introduce themselves to me the moment my mate was out of sight. Four of them made it a point to hover around me.

There was Noah, Livius' Delta whom I had met prior to this, Julian, a young wolf probably around my age who spoke so intelligently it left me in complete awe. He had the most piercing green eyes I had ever seen, and just so happened to also be Livius' chief strategist.

Scary.

Elias, a brooding wolf in his early twenties who extended a nervous hand as he introduced himself, a small smile overtaking his features, and last but not least was Sebastian.

He was an unusual man, and it wasn't because of how he looked, or how he spoke, it was how he acted. I still remember the shocked yet knowing looks on everyone's faces when instead of simply shaking my hand like everyone else, he pulled me into an excited hug causing me to break out laughing.

He wasn't shy or nervous about displeasing me, he was simply happy, and that energy somehow managed to resonate with something within me.

We were immediate friends.

The remainder of Livius' council introduced themselves, before retreating back to their seats unlike the other four wolves whom instead chose to switch around so they could sit around me.

I quirked a brow as Sebastian met my gaze, before slowly settling back in his initial seat beside William, his eyes sparkling mischievously, "Finally," he sighed, and I eyed him curiously, one brow arched in questioning.

"The King has been unfair," he continued, waving a hand,"you've been living here for almost a month now, and only now is he letting us talk to you."

I giggled at his frustration, "Y'know, you could've just introduced yourself earlier," I proposed.

Julian shook his head, "It goes against tradition."

"Tradition?"

"The Queen's first pack dinner is where all formal introductions take place," Noah spoke up, a charming smile on his lips as he grasped the opportunity to capture my attention.

That's why...

"If we were to meet you anywhere else it'd be improper. Although Sebastian was very close to doing so," Elias added silently, adding to my understanding.

"How limiting," I murmured thoughtfully.

"That's what I'm saying," Sebastian exclaimed animatedly, gesturing towards himself, "we could be best friends by now, but nooo, we have a tradition," he mocked, rolling his eyes.

"If you're going to keep whining about it than perhaps you should go join a pack that actually gives a fuck about your grievances," Elias retorted quietly, mostly to himself, and I shocked him when I giggled, a hand coming up to my mouth to hide my smile.

Sebastian's eyes glittered at my hidden amusement, "Did I say something funny?"

I simply shook my head, my gaze sliding over to a smirking Elias, his eyes alight with a barely contained adoration as he also met my gaze.