Buried Enmity (II)

"The wolf in my heart will never let you see the lamb in my soul,

though sometimes you see it in my eyes."

____________________________

"We're not getting anywhere."

"How do you know?"

"Because we've passed that big ass tree like three times already."

"Well, it's not my fault you don't know this forest well enough to get us through it."

"What did you expect? I lived in the castle all my life, not the woods, you dumb ass."

"What did you just call me?"

"A dumb ass."

I opened my mouth to retort, the annoyance bubbling within me, but Cruella cut me off. "Besides, I thought you'd have some sort of plan to find her. Don't you fae's have some clairvoyance type shit?"

"Clairvoyance type shit, huh?" I repeated, my face scrunching up in disbelief. "And you called me the dumb ass," I snorted, continuing to walk forward, the leaves crunching beneath my boots.

"But I suppose you do have a point."

I've heard of fae's having clairvoyant abilities since I was a kid. It was simple magic. One of the first spells any child could learn. How could I not have thought of that earlier?

Cruella glanced at me expectantly as we strode past the dead trees, a cold breeze rushing by every few moments. "Do you have anything that she may have touched before?" I asked, cocking my head.

She paused for a moment, already prepared to shake her head before she suddenly perked up, her eyes widening in realization. I watched as she reached down to tug a thin friendship bracelet off her wrist, the pattern a mix of exotic colors.

Cruella extended it to me, and I gently took it from her pale hand. "She made this and gave it to me last year. Is it good enough?"

Glancing down at it, I gave her a barely noticeable nod before briefly shutting my eyes. If I remembered correctly, all I had to do was infuse the object with enough magic, similar to how I did with Valerias the other day when I wanted to bash Cruella's head in.

I suddenly looked at her after that thought passed through me, causing her to shoot me an incredulous look. "What?"

"Is that really you?"

Cruella rolled her blue eyes, and I couldn't even find it in me to laugh. This girl was supposed to hate me, and everyone I loved. She wasn't supposed to be civil.

And yet here she stood.

Though I still couldn't forgive her words.

I don't think I ever will.

Cruella gasped as her bracelet hovered out of my hand, the edges of it glowing a pale white, and like the wisps from Brave, it flew ahead of us into the forest.

"Shit, I didn't think you could actually do that," she murmured in slight shock.

I walked ahead of her, already following after it. "There are a lot of things that I can do that you can't."

Was that mean of me?

Eh, whatever.

"She's said worse," Selene huffed in my head, she too not enjoying the brunettes company.

"True," I responded in my head, a part of me slightly amused by her clear dislike for the girl.

"You know," Cruella began again, pulling me out of my conversation with my wolf. "I think the only reason he tolerated my actions towards you was because he knew how close we were to the former Luna's death."