Unwanted Encounter

"Wild, summer child.

You haven't lived till you've danced under the stars,

wearing nothing but the moonlight."
________________________

Change is always necessary.

No matter how small, or seemingly insignificant it may be. One can always develop into a better and more admirable version of themselves. Even after feeling as though this is as far as you go, you are pushed to become more than that.

We're never done.

Just as the rain pours down in a never ending cycle of life, we civil creatures of the earth are obligated to proceed with our existence. There's no stopping development. There's no such thing as being complete. We were born to evolve. All we do is evolve, and it seems it is what we are best at.

Those were my thoughts tonight as I stared into the mirror before me. My eyes never leaving the golden-flecked brown ones that met my own. It was as though I was staring into the old version of myself. The version of me that hadn't contemplated change. Every thought that slips through the cracks in the attic of one's mind changes that person. No matter how simple it is.

With every thought comes a new light on yourself, and a new mindset. What will my thoughts be tomorrow, and how will they change me?

As anybody could instantly tell, I'm a very deep person, and tonight, while the silver moonlight illuminated my room, was one of those nights.

My pale white curtains were drawn back, so that I had an unhindered view of the full moon, the silvery craters visible to my supernatural eyes. She was so peaceful. So calm. So nostalgic.

I let out a contented sigh.

It was all so serene.

But a mere second later, the moment shattered, forcefully snapping me out of my fantasy as I let out a low growl of irritation.

"Well? What did you expect? It's what you get for daydreaming while we're supposed to be on look out."

Those were the aggravating words of my wolf, Selene.

"I wasn't daydreaming," I mumbled, and she rolled her pale eyes.

"Let's just go deal with those idiots, and go back to bed," she yawned, crawling into a corner of my mind, her large ears flopping onto her forehead, and I slowly nodded in silent agreement.

It was my job to lookout tonight, and mother was peacefully sleeping in her own bedroom, her mind completely unburdened by the weight of our existence.

Walking down the stairs, I let out a tired yawn and mentally prepared myself to deal with the wolves that foolishly decided to break in tonight.

Looking forward I made eye contact with one of them, and he stared back at me for awhile, causing me to cock my head in curiosity.

This happened often enough, and I had eventually gotten used to it. I watched tiredly as the strangers lips curled into a feral smirk.

"Well, would you look at that," he said, causing his mini gang to turn around, and stare down at me.

Turning around to look behind me in a lazy, over the shoulder glance, I asked, "What?"

"Not you," the man stated, and I furrowed my brows in mock confusion.

"Were you not addressing everyone?" I pointed out, my voice questioning.

He simply scowled down at me, not liking my words. "Stop wasting our time, you know what I meant."