Love?

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self-respect

And it's these things I'd believe in,

Even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all that she should be.

But of course, the real reason is that I love her,

And that's the beginning and end of everything."
_______________________

"Father, Alexius is being mean to me again," I whined as my brother teasingly pulled at my hair, whilst I attempted to eat dinner.

"Alexius leave your sister alone," father answered distractedly, his eyes skimming through a letter before briefly looking up to give Alexius a warning look.

"You spoil her father," Alexius stated instead.

Father shrugged, "She's my only daughter."

I watched as Alexius rolled his eyes before turning back to his dinner, blinking down at it before lazily pushing it around.

"My pride and joy," father added, playfully pinching my cheek as I beamed.

"Little devil," Alexius muttered under his breath, and I stuck my tongue out at him as father looked away.

"Queen Isadora told me I was an angel," I responded proudly.

He scowled, "That's because she just met you."

Ignoring his words, I stared down at the plate before me, suddenly lost in thought, "It's too bad she left so soon," I mumbled sadly.

"She said she'll visit again," Alexius muttered. .

I was smiling again, "she even said she'll bring her son."

Mother quirked a brow whilst father looked up, both suddenly interested, "she said she'd bring her son?" father inquired.

I nodded, unsure why they were suddenly curious.

Mother turned to her husband, "They only have one heir right, Orion?"

Father nodded, before shaking his head, "they wouldn't risk bringing him here, not even for a visit, especially not the two of them together."

I pouted, suddenly downhearted, "I was looking forward to meeting him."

"He's not even your age," Alexius chuckled, voice mocking and I glowered up at him.

"It still would've been fun," I shrugged.

Father furrowed his brows, "Wasn't he born a year before Alexius?"

Mother nodded, "That's why we couldn't make it to the ball they held for him. We did send them a gift though."

"Did you ever see him?" I questioned, my mouth filled with spaghetti as mom shot me a warning glare.

"Manners, Alexandria," she told me, golden eyes alight.

"I met him once last year," Alexius mused, and I immediately turned to him, my interest piqued.

"Where?"

"At the games."

I scowled as I recalled being unable to go to the exciting event.

"I hated him," my brother suddenly snarled, and father raised his brows.

"He's just an arrogant little prick if you ask me. He had an attitude worse than yours, and that says a lot," he continued, crossing his arms whilst I glared up at him.