Exposed

Maybe I'm just too tired to keep running

Maybe you're what I never saw coming

Am I in your head, half as often as you're on my mind?
________________________

I flopped down on the bed, tiredly staring up at the ornate ceiling, "Livius, I'm bored,"

He glanced up from his paperwork, head turning so he could meet my gaze from his place on the couch, "What do you want to do?" he asked simply.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "just... anything."

"Okay, so sleep," he said, looking back down at his work.

I glared at his back, "You know what I meant."

He only hummed in response, and I sat up, my head resting on my palms as I kicked my feet up behind me, "Do you ever stop working?"

"Does the werewolf community ever stop growing?" he asked instead, and I rolled my eyes.

After a few minutes of silence, he stacked up his papers and set them to the side before turning back to me, "how about I take you on a run?" he offered.

"Finally," I sighed, sitting up.

He chuckled, "just let me change."

At his words, my gaze instinctively took in the elegant suit he wore, watching how it barely concealed the pure muscle that hid underneath.

I shook my head, before slowly nodding, and he was about to say something, to taunt me, but we both stiffened when we heard a phone ringing, the sound resonating through the room.

I stepped towards it, recognizing my ringtone, and groaned again when I realized it was my mother.

She wanted to face time.

Yiikes.

I silently waited for the call to end, before letting out a breath and picking up my phone. My eyes widened when I caught sight of all the unread text messages she had sent me. All of them filled with worry, anger and frustration.

"You should call her back," Livius proposed, looking over my shoulder and I nodded.

"Probably," I murmured, looking for a wall to lean against so she wouldn't realize I was out of the house.

Pressing the call button, I lifted my finger to my lips as the face time call began, gesturing for Livius to move as I leaned against the wall so my mother wouldn't see my surroundings.

I didn't miss the mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

My heart beat rapidly in my chest as it said connecting, and I blinked down at the screen as I saw my mother, her face filled with worry as she stared through the screen, before it contorted into anger.

"Alexandria Liliana Elise Sparrow! I swear to the goddess I have had enough of your games! Do you understand exactly how worried I have been for the past week! Where have you been?!" she yelled through the phone, and I winced before flashing her an innocent smile.

"Mom, you know how long I can go without using my phone. I just forgot to charge it. I'm sorry for worrying you," I told her, voice sincere.

She narrowed her eyes, "you dodged my question. Where. Have. You. Been." she restated.

"I've been at home," I chuckled, "where else would I be?"

"I'm not an idiot, Alexandria. I asked the neighbors, they went into the house and the whole place was empty," she answered.