City of Lights (II)

What is love?

If not the manifestation of a thousand dreams,
A thousand feelings.
A thousand scenarios overflowing with joy and serenity.

What is love?
If not those elysian moments where the entire world goes utterly silent.
Where you cannot hear the water flowing behind you, or the birds chirping from above the trees.
The people walking by, or the delicate rain drops hitting the stone tiles.

Where no noise can reach you, and nothing matters except for the person standing across from you, mirroring your gaze.

What is love?
If not ones most fundamental Erlebnisse.
________________________

"I can't believe he rented out the Louvre?"

Beside me, Sebastian smiled, his fingers running through the silky strands of my hair as I glanced at him through the bathroom mirror. "We don't usually visit, but when we do we like to make it count."

I let out a content sigh, images of the tour around the empty museum replaying in my mind's eye. "The art here is so much more beautiful in person."

The wolf beside me snorted, looking away from me. "Tourist," he muttered under his breath.

I scowled at him.

He coughed in response to my expression, quickly switching the subject. "If this is how you're reacting to just the Louvre, then you might just cry tears of absolute joy when you two go to dinner."

"I don't know, Seb," I murmured, my lips tugging into a frown. "I've never really liked formal dinners. There's nothing special about them."

He met my gaze through the mirror, before clasping a golden necklace around my neck, and reaching for the make up bag. "Then tell him."

"But he probably worked really hard to make it special."

"It was a bad idea then."

I groaned, running a hand through the carefully curled strands of my hair, ignoring the burning glare he sent my way at the action. "You're not really helping."

His hands shot up, nonchalance painted on his face. "Hey, I kind of want you to go to this fancy restaurant. Why? Because I worked my ass off trying to find you this dress and I'll be damned if you don't show it off."

My eyes narrowed and I huffed. "This dress is not a good enough reason for me to go out and make myself uncomfortable."

His gaze locked with my own, my own irritation reflecting in his eyes as he gritted his own teeth. "Don't you dare insult this gown, Alexandria. It's absolutely fabulous."

"I wonder how fabulous it'll look if I shoved the silk down your throat."

He shot me a scathing look. "This is what I get for trying to help you with your big Paris debut."

"Nobody fuckin cares except for you."

"Honestly, I should let you leave here looking like a fuckin clown," he growled. "But I won't, since I'm a nice fuckin person."

I didn't have time to retort, because seconds later I was being shoved into a bathroom stall with a bundle of red silk and a pair of black Louboutin heels in my arms.

Muttering a string of curse words under my breath, I glowered at the closed stall door, knowing the infuriating wolf was waiting on the other side. Setting aside my annoyance, I slowly began changing into the red evening gown, the smooth fabric hugging every inch of my waist, and flaring at my ankles.