Small Signs

"She has a galaxy in her eyes,

A universe in her mind.

She wore a thousand faces,

All to hide her own."
_______________________

We greeted Alpha Zander in the foyer of Livius' ridiculously large castle, and surprisingly enough I allowed my mate the honor of holding my hand.

Yeah, shocker.

Zander was a tall wolf with pale white skin, light brown eyes, and dirty blonde hair that barely grew past his ears. I could've mistaken him for a vampire if it wasn't for the wolfish scent he wore. His face was pulled into a serious expression, and somehow I found that extremely amusing.

I've been in the presence of a King for the past three days, I knew when someone was trying too hard to look powerful

Although I had to admit that he did look slightly intimidating. He did after all gain the powers of an Alpha, but that strength was barely enough to make me cower.

Before I knew it, Livius had shook hands with him, they exchanged a few words, and a wolf was already leading the Alpha and his wolves to their respective rooms.

"You're telling me," I began slowly as Livius and I walked down the hall, "that I dressed up, brushed my hair, and all that shit, just so I can stand by your side looking like a fuckin' mannequin."

"A cute mannequin, let's also not forget the fact that you smiled," he replied.

I glowered up at him,"Not funny."

"It wasn't meant to be funny, my love. I stated a fact. Mannequins do not smile."

"You're so..." I attempted to find the words, but nothing could truly describe this man.

"Loving? Kind? Generous?" he offered, smirking.

"Aggravating," I finally exclaimed, and he chuckled.

Pulling open the door to his office, he held it for me, gesturing for me to step in, and I huffed before complying.

My brows shot up as I took in the dimly lit room.

Not bad.

Towards the end of the office was a large desk, with a comfortable looking black chair behind it. He had two shelves of books against the wall, and a portrait of what seemed to be the royal crest hanging behind him. In the middle of the room was a set of cream colored furniture, and a matching coffee table. The walls were a rich brown, and the room had a double ceiling with a chandelier hanging from the middle.

 The walls were a rich brown, and the room had a double ceiling with a chandelier hanging from the middle