The King's Orders

"The sunlight dances in her hair as she reaches for the sky.

She loves the rain,

Her spirit is free,

She is the most beautiful wildflower that grows by the sea."
________________________

Beta Jaydens POV:

"You fools can go to your rooms, I must go inform your king of your whereabouts, and see to it that you're punished appropriately," I stated, and the four wolves bowed their heads, eyes downcast, before making their way to their respective hotel rooms.

I watched them until they turned the corner, and let out a sigh before making my way towards the presidential suite that his majesty resided in.

I can't believe I have to be doing this.

Walking up to the door, I knocked three times before stepping back and patiently waiting for a reply.

"Come in, Jayden," I heard King Livius say, and I pushed the door open before stepping inside and shutting it behind me.

Glancing up, I carefully avoided eye contact with the man resting on the couch in the middle of the room. Normally, I would.

I was his beta after all.

However, today I didn't exactly bring the most pleasant news.

"What was that phone call about?" he questioned, immediately jumping to the more pressing issues.

I cleared my throat, "Four of the wolves who had come along with us were... arrested," I said, and waited for the wave of anger to contaminate the air, but I was wrong to expect it. He wasn't revered for his furious outbursts. No, it was always his silent displeasure, his simmering rage.

It promised devastation.

"Why?" he inquired, his voice even, not a trace of any identifiable emotion.

Hesitantly, I explained, "They broke into the house of a nearby rogue."

He inhaled deeply, his anger slipping through.

The king was silent for a few moments as though attempting to calm down before speaking again.

He pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation, "We can discuss their insubordination later, but how were they turned in?" he asked, and I arched a brow.

"That's what's strange, your majesty, she turned them in," I responded, and immediately moved my gaze to the wall behind him when he turned to look at me, my eyes only managing to catch a glimpse of the lethal curiosity his eyes held.

"That's impossible. My wolves are never defeated, even if they're a pack of idiots, they're strength pays up for it," he narrowed his eyes.

I shrugged, "One of them seemed quite beaten up too. They all had bruises all over their body, and Damien and Liam had..." I paused at the strangeness, "burn marks."

"Burn marks?" he repeated incredulously, "what did they tell you happened?"

"They um... don't remember," I stated sheepishly, waiting for his response. He was quiet for almost half a minute, and the silence was almost suffocating. His anger lingered in the air, almost unnoticeable, but definitely there.

"So you're telling me," he began slowly, voice low, "that a couple of my wolves broke into a rogues house, encountered its resident, and received a well deserved beating, but they don't remember a single second of it?" he summarized, voice deep and seemingly frustrated.