Midnight Discussions (II)

"No one is born hating another person.

People must learn to hate and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love.

For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
___________________________

"Alexandria."

I whined, forcing my eyes to remain shut as I turned away from the voice that was shaking me awake. Unfortunately, it was too late. I had already woken up. There was no going back.

The worst thing that could ever happen to a person while they're having a good ass dream is some idiot waking them up midway.

"Alexandria," Damien said again, this time his hand landing on my shoulder as he lightly shook my body.

I groaned, my eyes flickering open to meet his gaze. "Fuck you," I mumbled, my voice hoarse and quiet.

He rolled his eyes at my anger, already accustomed to my empty threats and vulgar words. "Well good morning to you too, Princess."

Taking in my surroundings, I disregarded the title he'd thrown into his response, a part of me no longer in the mood to dwell on my roots.

It was still dark out, most likely somewhere around midnight, and judging by the shivering wolf by my side, the temperature must've dropped sometime while I was sleeping.

"You could've just left me here," I sighed, slowly standing up, already prepared to head back to the castle and face my reality.

He also stood up, those emerald eyes briefly meeting my own, before he proceeded to walk ahead of me. "You know I'd never do that," he whispered, the words low and quiet, but I still managed to pick them up.

I couldn't help the small smile that appeared on my face, a warm feeling settling in my chest at his words.

We walked in a comfortable silence back to the castle, both of us once again lost in our thoughts.

I couldn't stop my mind from drifting back to Livi and Victoria, even though I'd convinced myself that I would no longer get all riled up over such a trivial matter.

I should be worried about more important things.

"You're thinking about her aren't you?" Damien questioned, his eyes searching my own while he read my features.

I said nothing, only giving him the smallest nod as I looked ahead again.

"Y'know," he began carefully, "You two are actually really similar."

I stopped in my tracks, my eyes narrowing on him as I finally opened my mouth. "How so?" I bit out.

"Look at you two," he explained defensively, "You're reacting the same way to one another. Hurling insults, and throwing hands. To be honest, if Victoria wasn't so arrogant and stubborn you two would be good friends."

I let out a dry laugh at his words, the sound laced with bitterness, and slight anger. "She's childish, petty, ignorant, and immature. I'd never involve myself with that mess."

He snorted. "She only acts like that towards you. I mean, everyone knows how irritating she can be when she's upset about something, but most of the time she's just... normal."

I shrugged off his words, not caring enough to even respond. First impressions mattered a lot to me, and Victoria had made a horrible one. Besides, what she said afterwards is enough to make me dislike her even more.