Ephemeral Nights (I)

No one else can make me feel,

The colors that you bring.

Stay with me while we grow old,

And we will live each day in springtime.

'Cause lovin' you has made my life so beautiful,

And every day of my life is filled with lovin' you.
_______________________

"Well, doesn't he work fast," I muttered with a pout, my arms crossing in dismay as the guards set down a sample box of fuckin lanterns before taking their leave.

"Hmm," Livius hummed tauntingly, his eyes surveying those budgeting documents I had brought him from Jayden's office while he casually paced around the room.

True to his word, he had messaged Mr. Vernelli the final details, and effectively put all my efforts to waste. I ended up getting absolutely nothing out of dressing up and frankly it was disappointing.

I slouched deeper into his massive chair, my feet kicking up onto his desk in irritation as I unintentionally gave him a full view of my tanned legs, and the black ankle boots I had slipped on.

My mate's eyes finally flickered over to me, his mind finally registering the fact that I was lounging behind his desk without a single care. He narrowed his eyes. "Ah, look at you throwing a mini tantrum. You're acting spoiled, my love."

"You tricked me." I frowned, my brows dipping in annoyance. "You knew from the very beginning that you could just message him the details. It's not fair."

"Says the girl who showed up just to distract me," he retorted, rolling his pale eyes.

Thankfully, I had already changed back into one of Livius' large black sweatshirts so he couldn't directly call me out on my outfit anymore, but still.

"I want a rematch."

He arched a brow. "You mean another challenge?"

"Yes."

"I won, Alexandria. Now, unless you wish to lose again, feel free to think of something," Livius told me, those sinful lips pulling up into another smirk.

Infuriating bastard.

I scowled in irritation. "You're a bully."

"And you, Alexandria, are a baby."

"Says the overgrown child himself."

"A bit rich coming from the person who's whining about losing."

"You cheated."

"Yes. And so did you," he said with a grin while he came to lean against his desk. "Try to cheat and win next time, though. Else there really is no point, love."

"I'm not giving you that favor."

He gave another grin. "Honor your word, moon."

"You don't deserve it," I muttered, flicking my gaze away.

He only chuckled before coming to lay his left hand on the armrest of his chair, while his right hand played with a loose strand of my hair. "Who knew you'd be such a sore loser?"

"A fight."

He paused, his brows dipping in confusion while the thought hit me.

"You told me to think of something," I explained, sitting up and sliding my feet off his desk as I turned to face him. "I want to spar with you again. The last time ended early."