6

Anna's POV
My dad took custody of both me and Brandon. Since he lived around the area he took both of us to his house.

I felt uncomfortable but still felt safe around the area.

"Foods in the fridge. You guys can have some since you've probably haven't ate in while." My dad yelled out as Brandon ran to the fridge.

"I'm starving." I heard Brandon say and it kinda hurt me.

I tried my best to keep him well fed and used most of money to buy him the new shoes he needed.

"Have anything you want." I said and he smiled taking out some left over Chinese food.

I didn't feel like eating so I shut the fridge and watched Brandon heat up the food. He looked at me while waiting before coming to give me a hug.

"Thank you." He whispered and I smiled.

After his food was done heating up he went to the living room to eat. I stayed in the kitchen where I saw dad coming in.

"How are you feeling?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I guess I'm okay." I said and he smiled.

"We're gonna get you better kid..." he said as I put my head on his shoulder.

I was just on the verge of sobbing again as I felt it came up.

"Cmon let it out." He said and I broke on the spot.

He turned around and hugged me as I was practically sobbing my eyes out.

"Wh-What... made her h-hate us so much..." I whispered trying to catch my breath.

"I don't know Anna. But right now your better. And your gonna get better. I won't let her near you guys I promise." He said and I nodded.

"How much money do you have on you right now?" He asked me.

"Uhh I don't know maybe 7$?" I said.

"You don't have a debit card?"

"No mom never got me an account set up."

"Okay it's okay. We're gonna get you an account set up." He said looking at me.

He gave me another hug before going away. I let out shakily breaths trying to calm down. There was a ding coming from my phone as I looked at it to see Eva calling me.

"Hello?"

"How'd it go?" Eva said while I looked down to see my hands slightly shaking.

"Why don't I come over and explain it? I'm kinda in a fucked up mood right now."

"Yeah sure no problem. Door is always open." She said hanging up.

"Brandon I'm leaving for Eva's call me if you need anything okay?" I said and he nodded looking my way.

I gave him a quick kiss on the side of his head before leaving.

~~~~~

"So... you guys won right? What's holding you back to believe your safe now Anna?" Eva asked me as I was literally sobbing again. God I'm a literally crybaby.

"I-I don't know. I just believe so-someday she will try to take us back. Of course we'll s-say no... I just I think I'm afraid for what happens next." I said sobbing on her chest.

"Okay... Anna I think we need to calm down first...Why don't we get you into a comfortable situation." She said going on her phone.

She started to text Caroline who was a friend of mine on the soccer team.