92

Anna's Pov
"Anna the formula to this is simple just get d and y." Peyton said and I rolled me eyes.

"Anna!" I heard seeing a girl.

Before I knew it she plopped right into my lap. Peyton looked at me and the girl started to talk.

"Why don't you come to my house and we can have some fun. You're are single right?" She said and I looked at Peyton.

"You can go if you want." This brought deja vu to me last year.

"I'm fine I rather not. My grades are more important." I said and the girl frowned.

"Pleaseeeeee" she whined.

"I said no now get off of me." I scoffed and pushed her off.

"Jesus do people not realize personal space these days?" I said and she frowned.

The girl looked like she was about to cry. I felt bad yet I only want one person.

"Go away. I want my grades to be more important." I said and she walked away.

"Why don't we go to my house. This would be way more fun and quiet." I said and she nodded.

I packed my stuff in my backpack. Peyton struggled a little so I took over for her.

I held her backpack and realized she took the book out of her bag. Her suicide book and I realized that is was gone and i haven't seen it in awhile.

I held her waist again helping her out of the building and into the car.

"May I ask you a question?" I said getting the car started. She nodded to my question and I smiled.

"Where's your book?" I said and she froze.

"I burned it." She muttered and I looked at her.

"You burned it..." I said and she nodded.

"Why would do you do that I thought your whole world was in that book." I said and shrugged.

"Look at me and tell me you have another copy." I said and she shook her head no.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know my life was so cool." She said crossing her arms.

"Peyton your life is cool. It goes through so much pain yet your life is an adventure. I wanted you to keep that book so when you finished I could read it." I said and she looked down.

"You would have hated the book because Jackson and Kacy were in it too." She said and I shook my head no.

"I realize you have relationships with other people. Peyton your a quiet person... I like that but I would have read it." I said and she put her leg against her knees.

"Okay I'm sorry!" She dug her head in her knees.

I knew I took it too far when I realized I could hear her small cried coming from her curled up form.

I sat in silence and drove out of the parking lot and started to drive.

"I didn't mean to take it too far I'm sorry." I said stopping at my house.

"Take me home." She said and I sighed driving her home.

She grabbed her bag and crutches while I stayed in the car.

"You coming or not?" She yelled from the front door.

I was surprised and when I got to her door I held her bag getting inside.

"I saved yours and Paxton's... that was all I saved." She said handing me a few papers.

They were filled with words from top to bottom. No space was unfilled.

"I didn't mean to burst... I see that people are always wanting to be with you and I know I'm stealing you from your friends because of my leg." She said sitting on her bed.

"Your not stealing me from my friends." I said and she said yes.

"One of your friends came up to me and said I was stealing you. I don't mean to do that." She said and I cocked my head.

"What was her name?" I asked her sitting next to her.

"I think... Lena Davis?" She said and I laughed.

"Peyton that's not one of my friends. That's a girl that was obsessed with sex. Your not stealing me from my friends." I said and she stared at the ground.

"Peyton?" I said raising her chin to look at me.

"Your the only person i want. Alright? Don't listen to anyone cause my friends are afraid to talk to you. They don't wanna ruin what's going on in between us." I said and I could see her eyes just tearing up.

Peyton could never easily cry. She was always a person that kept herself in a safe spot but she's been going out of her way to try new things.

"Its okay. I'm sorry I took it too far with you in the car." I said and she nodded.

She rested her head on my shoulder. I moved her body to straddle me. She couldn't get comfy and moved around making me tense up.

"Peyton stop moving." I mumbled.

"Why? Oh..." she said and I could just feel it wanting to jump out of my pants.

"Jesus your always hard..." she said and I laughed.

"Dude I get hard when I see you don't talk to me about always getting hard." I said and she laughed.

"He gets excited when he sees someone as gorgeous as you are already." I said pulling a hair behind her ear.

"You want me to take care of it?" She asked me.

A/n

Can we please normalize being best friends with your ex is okay?