110

Anna's Pov
It's been a few days. We stopped going to Austin's house while Paxton and Lucas helped rent us an apartment.

We were low on money and our paycheck doesn't come for another two week.

The only money I packed was about 2,000 and half of it went to medical supplies for Charlotte's leg. 500 went towards essentials needed like blankets, school supplies, and ect.

We tried the best to our ability to give Charlie and Charlotte first because they still needed things for school and money for food.

We still had our car so we used some for gas and to drive to work. The rest all went to food.

I eventually fell into sickness from the fire by how much fire I inhaled.

"You want some soup?" Peyton asked me and I shook my head no.

"My chest hurts..." I mumbled as Peyton got in the bed.

Charlotte and Charlie had to sleep on a flip out couch or on a chair. Paxton lended is their tv to use for entertainment.

My cough was getting worse. I had shortness of breath every once in awhile. I had the sore throat and eventually my head started to hurt like someone banged a pan on my head.

"Yes. Can I get an appointment with Dr. Campbell." Peyton said as I cuddled into her chest.

Charlotte and Charlie were both at school. At least they had something to do. Peyton would have to leave for a shift at work. She got another job as a waitress to get some more money.

"Smoke inhalation." Peyton said.

"Yeah 2:00 will work."

"Peyton. I'm fine. I'm sure the symptoms will fade." I mumbled as Peyton hung the phone up.

I got up and grabbed the book. The only book I packed was our book. Our original book.

"Can you read me to sleep please." I mumbled as she looked at me.

I laid my head on her chest as she got the book. Starting to read it as I could feel myself slowly falling asleep on her.

~~~~~

I didn't want to go to the hospital cause I know how Peyton is always afraid of hospitals. She was afraid she might lose me and I didn't want to panic her on that.

She insisted we go to the hospital but I shook my head no. But I did agree to do breathing exercises with her to calm her down her nerves for me.

After a few more days my health was getting better yet my mental health was getting worse.

I laid in bed all day since Peyton excused my absences I couldn't go to work. I tried to make myself food but gave up and went for fast food.

I suddenly got a call with Charlie as she wanted to have lunch with me. Everyone knew I hated being alone and with Peyton on a shift I was alone in the house.

I picked up Charlie from her school and went for fast food with her. Subway.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me and I smiled.

"I'm okay. Are you doing okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Hey Mom have you ever came across... girl trouble? Like with a girl that's not mom?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"No not really why?" I asked her.

"Well... me and Victoria were talking and all the sudden she had to go away. She hasn't came back and I'm getting worried." She said and I remembered.

Veronica was Jackson's daughter...

"Did she tell you where she was going?" I asked her and she shook her head no.

"Well Maybe. She was going like her dad's old home?" She said I instantly knew.

"Michigan." I said and she looked at me.

"How do you know?" She asked me.

"Sweetie... Veronica's father. Well we know him." I said and her eyes went big.

"Wow-wait is that good or bad?" She asked me and I shook my head no.

"He.... we'll just say he's not a very good man. He's the one who set our house to burn." I said and she got angry.

"Well Im gonna fucking talk to her." She said and I looked at her.

"Language." I muttered.

"Well she's not allowed to burn our fucking house down. That was my home! Our home!" She yelled and I sighed.

"Well some people are just bitches in life and we have to deal with it." I said and she shook her head.

"No we have to fight back!" She said and I smiled.

"I don't get this from mom do I? I get this form you." She said and I nodded.

"Most definitely." I said.

"You know I don't think it was Victoria's fault. I don't think Victoria had anything to do with this." I said and she cocked her head.

"I mean believe it or not. Her father burn the house down knowing she was in it too. I don't think she saw this coming nor does she know it was her father if he's taking her with him." I said and she sat back down thinking.

"I hadn't thought about that..." she said.

"Don't yell at her. Just... talk to her. You guys seem really close." I said and she nodded.

"I don't want you to be losing friends you know highschool is coming up." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah no I know." She said and I nodded.

A/n

Did I just get an undercut to solve all my mental problems?

Yes. Yes I just did.

Did it help? No.

Do I still look hot? Obviously 🙄