4 | The Date

Saturday September 14th 6 pm

The moment I had come home after the first day of work I got into bed and started going down the rabbithole on Chris Evans. You could say I had seen every interview and every behind the scenes. The sad part was that he seemed so nice. Too bad the only positive part about him was that he had a dog. A very cute dog. It was disappointing.

It was now Saturday and I stood in front of my bed with five different outfits, and had been so for the last hour. How was I going to be able to choose from that? How was I supposed to know what he liked? I checked the time. 6 pm. I needed to take a shower as well, and with my hair, that could easily take an hour itself. I picked up my phone and facetimed Emma. She picked up immediately.

"Carro, hi." She looked so tired, and I felt immediately guilty for waking her up. I knew how much trouble she had falling asleep at night. "What do you need from your worst half?"

"You know I don't like it when you say bad things about yourself. I need you to choose an outfit for me." I switched to the back camera showing her my option.

"Are you going on a date, Caroline? The black dress."

"I guess it's a date. You sure about the black dress? Isn't it a bit short?" I wasn't going to wear that. And she knew it. "Yes, you will look so good in it. Tell me about this guy? Is it hottie from the bar?"

"No, he is a dickhead, and my boss apparently." I said the last part fast, hoping she wouldn't catch on to it, but of course she did. That girl catches everything. It was one of those things I loved about her.

"Your boss? Who is that? You haven't told me anything. Come on, Carro, tell me some dirty details from your downtown." I told her everything, except the part where Chris Evans was the man in the bar.

I just couldn't break her heart, when I had already called him a dickhead, and if I told her it was him, she would just ask how he was, and I couldn't break it to her.

"This guy," I started ignoring her questions. "He is a nurse and works at the local hospital. I met him on the train and I really like him. As a friend." Emma nodded and she seemed so interested in what I told her. "He is taking me sightseeing around Boston."

"Mhm," Emma looked at my options again. "Take the black skinny jeans, and the red top you crocheted. Your ass looks so good in it. He will definitely want to do you when he sees you in it. I know these things."

"I'm not going to sleep with him. Eww Emma. Just eww." I laughed at her so she knew I wasn't angry at her.

"Okay, your loss. Guess who I saw today?" I found a clean towel in my bathroom cabinet and put my phone on the countertop.

"Who?"

"Fucking Simon," Emma made a disgusted face. "And guess what he bought from me at the store? I wanted to punch his face in so bad. But I didn't, because that would have made you mad, and I don't like you mad at me."

I laughed. "What did he buy, Emma?"

I brushed through my hair when she answered. "He bought a fucking pregnancy test. I bet you my life that Michelle is pregnant. That bitch."

"I really don't care about him anymore."

"Good. I'm proud of you." And with that we hung up and I got into the shower.

Saturday September 14th 8 pm