21 | She's Not Okay

I know some of you are shy but don't be afraid to leave a vote (nobody but me will see it, and I promise I won't tell Huldra anything) and leave a comment on what you think about this story so far.

***

"Where is this lover of yours?" Emma smiled and Chris came out of the bedroom. "There he is. Holy fuck, Carro, he's super hot. And it's fucking Chris Evans. I think I'm going to faint." I laughed at her. She always knew how to be dramatic. "Please don't do that. Then I have to call the ambulance, and that's a whole other type of mess. So I would prefer it if you didn't."

I could see that Chris looked confused. "It's just an inside joke, you wouldn't get it." Chris just shook his head before looking at Emma and smiled.

"How was the flight?"

"It was so long, I had to change planes in Bergen, and then in Amsterdam. But it helped with plane tickets in first class. I will pay you back when I find the money." Emma offered and Chris shook his head.

"No need. Anything to make my sweetheart happy." I dragged Emma with me to the sofa.

"He won't take your money, trust me." We sat down and started talking. It felt good. Chris sat down on the opposite sofa and just looked at us.

Chris Evans

He didn't understand one single word that Caroline and Emma were saying. But Caroline looked happy and that was all that mattered to him. It sounded like they were singing. He knew at that moment that he wanted to learn her language.

"Så, si meg," Emma started looking at Caroline and then Chris. "Er han god i sengen?" Caroline giggled a little before looking at Chris who just looked as confused as he felt. "Jeg kommer ikke til å si noe. A girl never kisses and tells. My lips are sealed." Emma threw her arms into the air, the same way as Caroline did.

"You don't wanna switch into English?" Chris stood up from the sofa and walked over to Caroline. "So I can join the conversation?" Caroline shook her head. "Nope, some secrets are not meant for your ears. But you could make us some food. I'm starving!"

Chris laughed and kissed the top of her head before he went into the kitchen. Shouting from the kitchen he asked the two best friends what they wanted to eat. "Tomato soup!"

Caroline Danielsen

"So, how have you been?" I looked at my best friend, her brown hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head. Her eyes had bags under them. "How's Sofia? I miss her. And I think I miss her more." Emma swatted my arm playfully.

"Hey, that's mean. But I will tell her that. She misses you as well. We all do." I nodded in understanding. "Sofia is great, she loves kindergarten. Work is tough at the moment. I got admitted to an online course in Spanish, it is only one year, but I can imagine that it will become hectic."

Chris came with two bowls of soup. One bowl for each of us. "Scott needs my help to set up his garage. Can I count on you to behave while I'm gone?" Chris grabbed my chin to look at him before he kissed my lips. "I always behave, Mr. Evans." He smiled at me before leaving us alone.

"I will be back before nine!"

*

Third-person

Caroline and Emma had put on a movie, but Emma could sense that Caroline wasn't paying any attention. She paused the TV and turned towards her. "What's on your mind, Jordbær?" Caroline turned to her best friend and sighed. "I know he asked you about my past." Emma just nodded. She knew Caroline wasn't mad at her. "I want to tell him about it, but I don't think I can. Most people start to feel pity for me when I do. Simon," It was hard for her to say his name, and Emma noticed. "He did it, so why wouldn't Chris do the same?"