48 | Flashbacks

December 8th 2020

"Give me your phone," Caroline held her hand out for Chris and made a grabbing movement with her hand.

"And what do you want my phone for?" Chris questioned her. "I do have secrets I don't want you to know about."

"Like your side chick?" She joked at him, her green eyes lit up.

"How do you know about Vanessa?" He joked back. Something in his eyes told her that there was something more to it than what he said.

"Just give it to me!" Caroline laughed, deciding to ignore the feeling she got, and Chris gave her his phone and she went straight into the contact list and scrolled down to her name. It was ridiculous how far down she was, when she should either be on 'C' or 'D'. When she found herself she changed her name to 'side chick<3'.

April 9th 2020

"What are you doing?" Chris looked at Caroline over her shoulder and down on the screen on her phone. She was laying on the sofa with a bowl of carrots on her chest.

"I'm learning Finnish."

"Why?"

"Because I know how to speak Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, and obviously Norwegian. It's only fair that I know some Finnish as well. I don't want Finland to feel left out."

"But I don't think that the Finns think so, do you think they are learning Norwegian?"

"No, but they should," Caroline smiled at him. That very cute smile that made her look so innocent. "Because I have a very awesome language, which everyone should know."

"Okay," He smiled at her. "What have you learned?"

"Not much," Caroline admitted. "But I have learned one very important sentence."

"You going to tell me? Or just keep it to yourself?"

"Sinä olet todella komea." If you had asked a Finnish person about her pronunciation, they would say it was perfect.

"You want to know what it means, right?" Chris nodded. He had just learnt Norwegian, and expected to understand Finnish as well. He was wrong, if he had learnt Sami, then maybe.

"I'm not going to tell you," Caroline rubbed her hands over his subtle bear stubbles, he had shaved off his beard, much to her disappointment. She loved that beard. "So you will just have to keep on wondering."

"You are so mean." Chris kissed her forehead before standing back up.

"You love me."

"I do," Chris started to walk back into the kitchen. "I was planning on starting with dinner. Any wishes that the Princess has regarding what she wants to eat?"

November 4th 2020

"It's the fifth book from the left on the second shelf. It has a black spine with golden letters."

"How do you know that? You have like hundreds of books. That's really impressive, Line."

"I just like knowing where my things are."

November 5th 2020

"This is so good, Sweetheart." Chris said, looking up from Caroline's computer. "How long have you been writing for?"

"I wrote my first book when I was thirteen," She looked in her lap blushing. "Okay, maybe not a book-book. More like a Wattpad-book." Chris was reading the few chapters that Caroline had written of her newest book. He was the first one to ever be reading her actual work. And he was impressed. It was something in the way she was writing that was captivating. The story left him wanting more.