11 | People's Choice Awards

While I was in the bathroom Chris walked around in my apartment looking at the pictures hanging on my walls. The way he had looked at me when I opened my door told me he was nervous.

His voice had also had a slight tremble to it. It was adorable actually.

He was right. The dress was my size, and I looked and felt like a princess. I applied some light makeup and let my hair fall down my back after I had touched up some of the curls with a curling iron.

Chris was holding up one of my many projects I was doing, trying to figure out what it was. "It's supposed to be a sweater." He turned around and his mouth almost dropped to the floor. His gaze fell over my body, down over my leg that was showing through the slit in the dress, and up to the V-neck. His eyes lingered on my boobs for a while, and a faint blush appeared on my upper body.

"Hm?" He hadn't heard a word of what I had said.

"I said; It's supposed to be a sweater. But it was harder than I thought it was going to be. I'm actually really good at stuff like that. But we need to get going if we are going to make it." I laughed as Chris came back to reality.

Chris held out an arm for me and I took it. "You look very beautiful, Line." I smiled up at him. "No driver, Mr. Evans?" I joked when I noticed that he was going to drive himself. "Can't have a personal driver everyday, Princess." He walked over to the other side of the car and got in.

*

"I can just meet you inside?" I looked at him after he had parked the car. There was a valet offering to park his car, but Chris had said he could manage it himself. "I want you to go the red carpet with me. Please?"

I thought about it before I agreed. "Ok, I guess I can do that. But then you have to pay me even more." Without answering me, he stepped out of the car and opened the door for me.

The night was somewhat cold so we hurried inside. Inside we were met with a smiling Thea coming towards us. "Hurry up! You look gorgeous, Ms. Danielsen." She pushed us towards the red carpet.

Chris took my hand and I immediately squeezed it. All the people calling out for Chris' name and who I was made both me and Chris uncomfortable. Chris noticed it and pulled me to his side placing his hand on my back.

My dress was backless and he could feel me tense under his touch with skin against skin. He traced small circles and I relaxed a bit. "I get why you don't like these things." I whispered at him while smiling at the dozens of cameras flashing at us.

"Can I ask you some questions?" A young man asked and Chris nodded. "Who are you with tonight Chris?" He gave Chris a microphone.

"I'm with Caroline. She is my beautiful assistant. And I'm very fond of her." He looked at me with genuineness in his eyes.

"There will probably be a rumour after this appearance between you two. So I will just ask; Caroline, are you two dating?"

I shook my head. "No, we aren't. I have a boyfriend, but he has a shift at the hospital right now. And Chris needed a date, so I said I could go with him. If he paid me extra." Caroline laughed. "I'm just kidding about paying extra-part. He is such an amazing guy, so it is an honour to go to this event with him tonight." The interviewer thanked us and we went to find Chris' table.

During the whole award ceremony he couldn't keep his eyes off me.

Either why, you can't have her Chris. It will never work out. She has a boyfriend.

Chris was so deep in his own thoughts that he didn't hear his name being called out. I nudged him on his shoulder. "You won, Mr. Evans. You won The Action Movie Star of 2019." He got up and walked up onto stage and received the award. He held a short speech, his eyes never leaving me.

*

I had been drinking a little too much, and got to discuss how you know if someone was gay or not, with Chris' brother, Scott Evans. He had given me some signs I could look for. But that I needed to be careful, not every gay person acted like he told me, and even if you acted like it, you could be straight.

Chris had found me laughing with his brother. "Scott, thank you for taking care of this little drunken flower." Him and Scott hugged goodbye and Chris took my hand.

"Anytime, man. Hope you will stop by soon?" Chris promised his brother that he would stop by in the next couple of days. He led me outside and I started to shiver because of the cold. He was about to give me his dress jacket, but I stopped him. "You will get cold, Mr. Evans." He led me to his car and buckled me in. "My father never did that."

He had been driving for not even five minutes before I was fast asleep. I leaned my head against the window and Chris took off his jacket and placed it over my upper body.

"What are you doing to me, Sweetheart?" He whispered looking at me.

He stopped the car outside of my apartment block. He lifted me out of his car and found my keys in my purse. Unlocking the door he stepped inside and started to walk up the stairs to the fifth floor.

"Good thing you are not heavy." He placed me down on the bed before he took my shoes off, and tucked me under the covers. He was about to leave when I called out for him in my sleeping state. "Please don't leave." He hesitated. It wasn't a good idea, and I knew that. "I don't know, Princess."

"Come on, I promise I won't bite." He took off his tie and laid down beside me.

"I think my boyfriend is gay."