54 | Time

WARNING: YOU MIGHT NEED TISSUES

"Where the fuck have you been?" A pissed off Chris met me at the door the next day. My head was aching and the hangover was going to kill me. And him shouting at me didn't make the headache any less painful.

"Stayed the night at Rick's apartment." My voice had no emotions, he couldn't know that this was hurting me. "Don't worry, I'm just going to pack a bag. You will not have to see me anymore."

"Stop this nonsense, babygirl." Chris grabbed my upper arm, preventing me from going past him. He was tightening his grip when I tried to get myself loose. His grasp was hurting me in the process. But I didn't register the pain, my mind had gone straight to the countless times my father had done the same.

My face went pale and I was trapped in my mind, before Chris realised what he was doing and released me. He took a step back, analysing my face. I saw my window to push past him and ran up the stairs.

I tried to calm my rapid breaths, with no luck. Finding my inhaler in the bathroom I shook it before taking a dose of it. Walking back out of the bathroom after splashing some water in my face, I found the duffle bag on the top shelf in the closet.

The duffle bag was almost full when Chris entered the room. "Babe, I'm sorry."

"Don't bother. I'm staying with Rick for a while. Until you have grown up." I put the last of my clothes I wanted to bring with me into the duffle bag before zipping the zipper close.

"Are you cheating on me with your ex?" Chris asked me and my eyes went wide. Where had he gotten that thought from?

"No." I exclaimed, surprised by his thought.

"I don't believe you."

"When have I ever given you a reason to not believe me?"

"When you left me, and then killed my baby."

I walked over to him and used all my strength to slap him across his cheek. Leaving a red mark. "Fuck you Christopher. Fuck you. I actually thought that Simon was my biggest mistake. But you, oboy du tar kaka. Falling in love with you, Christopher, that is by far my biggest mistake ever."

Chris left me in the room and went back down stairs. I felt the tears prickle behind my eyes.

*

"Has she told you I'm gay?" Rick stood in the door opening to Chris' house while I was upstairs packing the second bag I was bringing. Chris' eyes went wide, I hadn't told him anything like that. It came as a shock to him.

"You are?" Chris couldn't believe his own ears. "You are actually gay?"

"Yeah I am. My boyfriend proposed to me last night." Rick explained to Chris. "She still loves you, you know."

"I'm not so sure of that anymore." Chris sighed leaning against the dresser in the hallway crossing his arms. "I said some pretty nasty and ugly things to her."

"But she does though."

"How do you know?"

"Simply because she punched a guy's nose last night at the bar, yelling at him to stop touching her, because she has a boyfriend that she loves. Let me remind you that she had only an hour before that, told me and Jared that you too had broken up."

"Oh." Was all Chris could say, he was sure I had stopped loving him the moment I had left last night.

"You know what they say," Rick started as he saw me coming down the stairs. "Drunk speech is sober thoughts. Are you ready?" He looked at me as I nodded.