David Luiz [~] Six

You stood watching your husband of almost one year sit in yet another interview. He had been doing a lot of interviews lately with his big move to PSG on the table and the up and coming World Cup that his home country was hosting. You two had met when one of your Brazilian friends had dragged you to a Brazil international friendly match against Panama. After the match, David and you had locked eyes. That night, as you walked to your car, he had jogged over and handed you his number. You had been a bit apprehensive at first but after hundreds and hundreds of dates, the two of you were now married and you both couldn't be happier with how your relationship had turned out. The interviewer was asking questions about his football career before she got onto more personal topics with David.

"So David, you are now happily married to (Y/N) (Y/L/N), how is your marriage going?" she asked, reading from a card on her lap.

"It's going great. I couldn't have ask for a better partner to spend the rest of my life with. She is the love of my life and I wouldn't trade anything for a minute in her presence," he replied smiling. You blushed as other people in the studio turned and looked at you. You weren't really as outgoing as David was. But, opposites attract, right?

"David, how long have you two been married?"

"It will be one year in three weeks and two days," David said, as if he were reciting robotically from memory. 

"And do you and (Y/N) plan on having any children in the near future?" she asked innocently.

"We haven't really talked about it in depth," David answered honestly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you want kids?" she questioned further.

"Only six," he responded, a wide cheeky smile on his face. The interview concluded shortly afterwards and you waited for David next to the elevator and front desk of the studio's building. He emerged from the studio and walked over to you. He kissed your cheek and wrapped an arm around your waist, leading you out of the building.

"So, only six, huh?" you teased. David looked at you with an unreadable expression as he opened the door for you to the car.

"We can have as many as you feel comfortable having," he said, closing the door for you and hopping into the driver's seat. He started the car as you responded.

"I came from a big family, remember?" you teased, referencing to the fact that you were the eighth child in your family of nine. You had no qualms against having a big family, you actually wanted a large family of your own one day, and you knew David was the man you wanted to have children with.

"I don't have a problem with having a big family, we just never talked about it before, really. You just surprised me by pulling a number out of thin air." He grabbed your hand in his own and kissed your hand.

"Let's talk then, we have twenty minutes until we get home," he stated, turning into the street. On the way home you both agreed that you wanted a big family. You were in your mid twenties so there was no real rush to start having children any time soon. As far as you knew, you would have no problems becoming pregnant. You both agreed to not force anything, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of having a child. If it happened it happened, if it didn't then you would adopt or try other methods.

Six months later you stared down at the test you held in your hand. A pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test. You were extremely excited and rubbed your belly, which had yet to expand. David was away at training so you couldn't tell him right away. Thinking of a perfect way to tell him, you quickly got to work. He returned home from national team practice two days later to find you standing in the kitchen, holding a wrapped present.

"What's that?" he asked, dropping his bag by the door and taking off his shoes.

"Just a little present for my lovely husband," you replied, a wide smile on your face. Confused, David took the present and ripped open the package. He pulled out a Brazil national team jersey, but this one was mini size. On the back read "Papa" along with David's number 4. He stared at the shirt for a few seconds before looking up at you. You revealed the positive pregnancy test before David swept you into a hug.

"I'm going to be a dad!" he shouted, causing you to giggle loudly. Setting you back on the floor, he kneeled down and rubbed your still flat stomach. "Your Papa loves you!" he shouted at your stomach, causing you to laugh.

That was almost nine years ago. You had had twins, two boys. Over the course of the next few years you gave birth to three other children, two girls and a boy. You were now in labor with your sixth child, a boy. "This is the last one, David. I swear to God, if you get me pregnant again!" you shouted at your long time husband. He just smiled at you and held your hand tightly. Your other five children were out waiting in the lobby with a few of David's closest friends he had met through his football career.

"It's time to push!" one of the midwifes told you. After another excruciating two hours, you held your newborn son in your arms as David left to fetch the rest of your children. Looking around at your happy family, David kissed you on the forehead.

"Thank you for giving me the six kids I wanted," he whispered into your ear. You smiled up at your husband as the rest of your children stared at the new addition to the family. You were glad you had six kids, especially when their father happened to be David, your David.

"I think we'll name him David, after his Papa," you stated, looking around at your family.