Harry Kane [~] Comeback

Walking into the stadium, you beamed at the amount of fans that had turned out to watch the match. You were here supporting your boyfriend, Harry Kane, and his teammates. The match was home but you knew that this wouldn't be an easy match for the Spurs. Seventh place wasn't bad but Harry wanted to win, rocketing Tottenham into sixth place.

                You had no doubt in your boyfriend or his teammates. They had played brilliantly this season and you hopped that they would end it on a high note. Smoothing out your Kane jersey, you waited anxiously for the start of the game. Eventually, the two teams emerged from the tunnel and made their way onto the field. Leading a small child by the hand, Harry looked back at the crowd.

                You sent a silent message wishing him luck, even though you had already done that about ninety times that morning alone. After shaking hands, both teams got into positions. Placing the ball on the ground, the referee moved out of the way and officially started play. Southampton started with the ball and passed it amongst themselves for the first five minutes, making a slow advance towards the Tottenham goal.

                As a forward, Harry was powerless to stop the goal Southampton scored within the first ten minutes. Sucking in a breath, you hoped it would get better for the Spurs. Harry participated in kick off before moving into open space. The ball was stolen from Tottenham and Southampton got a goal five minutes later. Fifteen minutes into the first half and they were already down 2-0.

                Granted, you didn't expect this to be an easy win for Tottenham, but you never expected this either. Disheartened, Tottenham kicked off again. Maintaining possession for only a few minutes, the third goal for Southampton quickly came around. Staring at the ground, Harry seemed to try and ignore the shouts and protests of the crowd.

                Your heart broke at the disheartened appearance of your boyfriend. Tottenham kicked off once more, trying to get to half time without conceding another goal. That was, however, not the outcome. After scoring their fourth goal in extra time, Harry and his teammates exited the field. Their heads were low and they tried to ignore the jeering of the crowd as they walked into the tunnel. Getting up from your seat, you walked downstairs into the player's room.

                Your boyfriend sat over in the corner, his head in his hands and his shoulders sagging. Your heart dropping into your stomach at the sight of him, you made your way over to him. Placing a light hand on his stiff and tense shoulder, you gained his attention. He didn't say anything but he didn't have to. Everything was said out on the field with the way they played.

                "Not quite what we expected, aye?" Harry asked quietly.

                "No, it isn't. But don't let that get you down. You guys are still a great team."

                "A great team doesn't already lose the match within the first half."

                "You haven't lost."

                "Not yet, no. But, after another forty five minutes we will have," Harry sighed painfully. Fed up with your boyfriend's depressed mood, you decided to try and inspire him.

                "Don't talk like that, there's still time," you insisted.

                "Yes, but is forty five minutes enough time?"

                "I think it is," you replied. "And I believe that you guys can come back."

                "You can't just come back from being down 4-0 at half time, (Y/N)," Harry responded.

                "It's been done before, who says you guys can't do it either."

                "The scoreboard—"

                "—the score can be changed. All you need to do is go out there and play with your heart," you stated. "When I didn't believe I could get my dream job, you were the one to tell me that I could. So I'm telling you right here, right now, that you can do it. You guys have this."

                Looking up at you, you saw a small glint of hope in Harry's eyes. "You believe?"

                "Did I ever stop?" you shot back. It was time for the team to retake the field and you leaned in and kissed Harry quickly. "I believe, do you?" you asked before hurrying back to your seat. With a new vigor, Tottenham waited patiently for their opponents to set up. With the ball in their possession, Tottenham inched towards the Southampton goal.

                After faking out a defender, Harry had a clear shot on goal which he took. The sight of the ball entering the net made your heart soar and you cheered with the rest of the fans. Southampton looked at the Spurs in disbelief but didn't look too concerned. "For now," you thought.

                Southampton kicked off and passed the ball back. Tottenham was faster this half and more aggressive. With hope on the horizon, Tottenham scored another goal in the 52nd minute. Southampton now looked slightly concerned but were useless in stopping the Tottenham offense. With a beautiful cross from your boyfriend, Yedlin scored a header.

                The score was now 4-3 and there was still time. Southampton were greatly concerned at this point, as seen by their sloppiness and fighting amongst themselves. Tottenham pressed their advantage. A corner was awarded after a would-be goal was redirected by a defender's foot. Standing near the keeper, your boyfriend bounced on the balls of his feet, preparing to use the opportunity.          

                The cross came in and with a perfectly directed header, your boyfriend tied up the score. Five minutes plus extra time remained. And dare you say it, Tottenham could possibly come away with a win. Southampton restarted play and tried to get a cheap shot at the Tottenham goal. With a long kick from the keeper, Harry dribbled his way through the defense, passing quickly with his teammates.

                They entered extra time with one minute added. Holding your breath, you watch Harry take a shot. The ball curved and remained out of the reach of the keeper, who was powerless to stop the goal from occurring. Standing up, you cheered louder than anyone else. The match concluded and you rushed to your boyfriend.

                Wrapping your arms around his neck, Harry spun you around before placing you back on the ground. Pressing a kiss to your lips, he pulled back and smiled. "I believe," he stated, before pulling you into another kiss.