Mesut Özil [~] Back Off and Shut Up!

A.N. This is my 100th imagine so I'd thought I'd cap the first one hundred with the same imagine character I started with, Mesut. Thank you to all the viewers, reviewers, etc. out there. It really means a lot to me!

You were working as a field medic for the Arsenal vs. Chelsea match. Having watched videos from their past meetings, you knew that there would be bloodshed, you just didn't know who was going to strike first. You were the only Arsenal medic here, the rest were Chelsea trained medics as the match was being held at Chelsea. You didn't chat with the other medics, keeping your eyes focused completely and utterly on the game.

After Hazard and Per went for the ball, Hazard fell down onto the ground, face first. It wasn't BFG's fault. They had both gone for the ball and Per had just beat Hazard to it. The ref stopped play as Hazard held his head. Being the only medic paying attention, you ran out to check on him. The other medics were too busy gossiping to notice that their own player was down. Rolling your eyes at their unprofessionalism, you kneeled down next to Hazard. "Did you hit your head?"

"Yeah, I landed on it," Hazard stated. You grabbed a flashlight and checked his eyes, seeing if he had gotten a concussion. There was no difference in the size of his pupils and you asked him generic questions which he could answer just fine. The Chelsea medics finally arrived and took over where you left off. You stood up and looked around to see the two sides pushing each other around. Trying to prevent any more problems, you stepped in between Per and Diego Costa.

You pushed them apart, which was more like pushing Costa away from Per because Per relaxed immediately. "Cool it," you told both of them.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Diego growled.

"I think I'm trying to prevent you from getting another yellow card," you replied coolly. You glanced around for the ref to see him talking to Hazard about what had happened.

 "I didn't ask for your help," he stated, knocking free of you which sent you tumbling. Two arms wrapped around your waist, preventing you from falling over completely. Looking up, you saw Mesut looking down at you.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine," you assured the German. Mesut, after helping you stand up straight, turned to glare at Diego Costa in the eye.

 "What the hell's your problem?" Mesut called.

"Keep that bitch on a leash," Costa said back. Instantly, Mesut's eyes flared with anger as he looked about to charge the Spaniard. He sidestepped you, and started yelling in Costa's face.

 "Don't call her that!"

"What? A bitch?" Costa spat, glaring at you over Mesut's shoulder.

 "I told you to shut your mouth!"

"Make me," Costa challenged as more guys ran over, trying to break up the fight. You were about to run in but Kieran Gibbs stopped you.

"You don't want to get in the middle of that," he sighed. Courtois and Szczesny had both run out of the goals, both trying to separate the heated arguments. Per said something to Mesut in German which you didn't catch but it seemed to calm him down slightly. You jogged over to Mesut who still looked pissed off beyond words.

 "He's not worth it," you told Mesut. "Don't let him get to you like that. That's what he wants. He wants to wind you up but don't let him win." Mesut sighed and asked again if you were okay before fully calming down. It was the first time you had seen Mesut raise his voice at anyone. Costa and Mesut got a yellow card each, which ended up being Costa's first of two. Later on, after he made a poor challenge on Szczesny while he had complete control over the ball in the box, he was awarded another and sent off.

You walked off the field, heading towards the Arsenal bench. "Are you okay?" chorused everyone that sat on the sidelines.

 "I'm fine."

"What did Costa say to get Mesut so riled up?" Mikel Arteta asked, looking as surprised as everyone else that Mesut had been so angry.

"He called me a bitch," you replied. "In normal Chelsea class," you muttered afterwards, sitting in a seat. The match ended with Arsenal winning 1-0. Amusingly, to you at least, the goal had been scored after Mesut had kicked the ball into the box via a free kick. It had deflected off the wall to an impossible spot for Courtois to block. And a certain angry Spaniard was in the wall; the ball deflected off him. You picked up your supplies and headed into the tunnel.

"(Y/N)!" Mesut called after you. You stopped and turned around. He walked over to you. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine," you assured him. "That was a beautiful goal by the way," you smiled.

"Thank you," Mesut smiled back, the two of you walking side by side into the tunnel. Mesut was dragged to the side to do some interviews. You locked up your supplies in the medic room before walking back out to the tunnel. Interviews were taking place in the press rooms and you peeked into one. Mesut and Per stood facing the reporter.

"That was an amazing free kick, Mesut. What were your thoughts on scoring the only goal of the entire match?"

"Well, I am very happy with that goal because it secured us the win and the three points that come along with it."

"How does it feel to win the derby, you two?"

"It feels great. Chelsea are a great team but today we were the better team and thanks to Mesut, we're ahead now because of these three points," Per answered, having to bend down a bit so that you could understand him with the microphone.

"Now, I want to take it back to that early fight in the match. You looked very angry Mesut, especially after Diego Costa pushed that medic. Why did you react as you did?" You listened closely, your interest peeked.

"Well, I was mad because she was only helping his teammate. I think it was Hazard who had fallen down and was being treated. She was taking care of Hazard and then she tried to prevent fights from breaking out and then he pushed her. It was uncalled for and it didn't solve anything. She didn't deserve to be pushed and verbally abused by him. I got very angry because you shouldn't take to anyone, let alone someone who is helping your team out."

"Per, do you think Mesut's anger was justified?"

"Yes of course. There was no need to push her. It was not necessary and we were all angry about it because of it," Per replied.

"Diego Costa said some verbal things which also got you angry? Care to indulge us on what he said?" the reporter quizzed.

"I'd rather not repeat it," Mesut muttered. The reporter pushed for it until time was up. She thanked them before walking away, past you, muttering something about stubborn Germans which cracked you up a bit. Per nodded to you before walking towards the locker room. Mesut exited later, smiling once he saw you. "You were standing there the whole time?"

"I guess you could say I was," you smirked.

"Thanks for standing up for me," you said genuinely.

"I already told you, its fine. No one calls you a bitch and gets away with it," Mesut stated.

"And what if someone else was to call me a bitch?"

"Then I'd probably get a red card and a hefty fine," Mesut winked, leading you away from the interview rooms.