Sergi Roberto (Part 2) [~] Long Distance

For gustins: Sergi Roberto (Part 2)

Lia walked into the familiar Camp Nou, the sound of fans and the sight of the players on the field warming up already making her smile. After some tough decisions, she had decided to transfer her job to Barcelona to be closer to Sergi. Their relationship had survived a month, and then two, and then six before Lia just decided that she couldn't stand it anymore. She loved Sergi with every fiber in her being, and it only made sense to her to up and move to Barcelona.

She had stayed with her uncle, Luis Enrique, and his family for a month until she had found an apartment to rent. Sergi and her relationship had only continued to grow and those around them noticed. Coming up on their one year anniversary after Sergi had asked her out all those months ago, the two of them were going strong.

It was immediately the talk of the town that Sergi had somehow won the heart of Luis Enrique's niece, and both Sergi and her uncle were constantly asked about how they felt about the whole relationship thing. Luis Enrique always said that he supported their relationship, followed up quickly by 'next question.' Sergi was a bit more open about the relationship than Lia, having been used the press and paparazzi crowding himself and his teammates constantly.

The number twenty on her back, above it 'Roberto', Lia went to find her seat. Sitting down quietly, Lia watched the guys warm up. Sergi had told her that he was probably going to start. The players then exited the field, heading back into the tunnel. A few minutes passed before the players and referees exited the tunnels. They players lined up before they shook hands with each other.

Lia sat forward in her seat, staring out at the field. She could see her uncle on the sidelines, shouting things to the back line when the whistle blew. The other team had the ball first and passed backwards. Barcelona moved in as they continued to pass back and forth. Passing back to their keeper, the ball was lobbed over the majority of head, until it was trapped by Dani Alves.

He passed it to an open Sergi, who in turn passed it up to Suarez, and the Barcelona team was quickly on the attack. Suarez had passed it to Iniesta in the box, but a defender, kicked the ball out of play before Iniesta could reach it. A corner was awarded and Barcelona set up in the box. The cross came in and it bobbled around a bit, before being kicked out towards the Barcelona goal.

Lia sighed, hopping that they would get a goal quickly. The ball made its way up to Busquets, who then passed it to Sergi. Sergi and Neymar passed it back and forth up the side of the field, doing give and go's past defenders like it was nobody's business. Neymar passed the ball to Sergi, who flicked it past a defender before swinging his foot forward and kicking the ball straight into the net. The Barcelona side rejoiced until the whistle disrupted the celebration.

Offsides, it had been an offsides goal. Lia cursed, and watched the replay that they had on the large screen. Zooming in, you could see the Sergi was onside when Neymar passed the ball to him. There were two defenders behind him. It hadn't been offsides but the referees never changed their minds like that. Lia growled and protested along with the rest of the stadium after the goal was shown again.

The Barcelona players grumbled under their breath but set back up. The opponent's keeper kicked the ball over a good portion of heads. The ball was passed around a bit before the other team had the ball and were headed towards the goal. Marc tracked the runner, slide tackling for the ball. It looked like he had only gotten the ball but the opponent flopped onto the ground, clutching his ankle.

"He flopped! Simulation!" echoed around Camp Nou as the referee awarded a penalty kick. Showing Marc a yellow card, the referee placed the ball on the penalty mark as Lia's uncle complained with the referee, until the referee threatened to send him out of the pitch. With scowls set on their face, the Barcelona boys watched as the opponent took the penalty kick and notched it in the top corner.

No one could blame ter Stegen, you can't blame the goalie in the situation. The score was 0-1 and the resounding sounds of disapproval sounded around Camp Nou. The ball was placed for kick off and Barcelona restarted quickly. After a bunch of passing, Sergi ended up with the ball. He wasn't as tall as the center back in front of him, but he powered past the player.

Faking out the keeper, Sergi flicked the ball over the keeper's head and into the goal. The flag stayed down as Camp Nou rejoiced. Sergi continued his run, shushing the opponent's fans, jumping and punching the air in celebration before his teammates piled on top of him. Lia cheered in the stands along with a good portion of the stadium. The game eventually ended 3-1, with Barcelona winning after Messi and Sergi scored once more.

Lia made her way down to the waiting room. She showed the guards the pass and waited patiently for Sergi or her uncle to come out of the door. Both were probably still in interviews. Her suspicions were confirmed when interviews popped up on the TV's around the room. Lia watched Sergi's interview.

"And here we are with the man of the match, Sergi Roberto. You could have had a hat trick out there today, how does the referee's mistake make you feel?"

"Of course, I was disappointed and angry, but that's apart of football, you just have to keep going and play on, no matter the score line," Sergi replied.

"After you had scored the second goal, we were wondering about your celebration. Care you explain it?" A smile appeared and Sergi's face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I intertwine my pinky fingers and kiss them. And I do that because my girlfriend promised to move out here with me a few months ago. She has and I'm forever grateful that she has," Sergi smiled as he explained his odd celebration.

"That's very sweet."

"Thank you," Sergi chuckled. The interview stopped soon afterwards, and Lia smiled widely. Sergi appeared out of the locker room a few minutes afterwards. Lia walked over and gave him a big kiss.

"I saw the interview," she explained, as the two of them walked out of the room together. "And, you, Sergi Roberto, surely know how to make a girl smile."

A.N. That was the last request I had to do. So, farewell until March! I will NOT be taking any more requests until I specify otherwise. Peace out!