James Rodriguez [~] A Cule for a Madridista

For yoursweetfaller_17: James Rodriguez

Alexa sat patiently as the stylist team did her hair and makeup. Alexa didn't care much for fancy hair or makeup. She was a footballer, her job wasn't to look good. Her job was to put the ball in the back of the net. And she was really good at it, too. Having transferred to the Portland Thorns straight after graduating college, she immediately had an effect on the team.

People had wanted to get to know more about Alexa, who was an unknown before the World Cup, and so some interviewer was coming to their training center to interview Alexa as well as Tobin Heath to talk about the World Cup. Alexa had at first insisted that Alex would be the better person to fit the job but the interviewer insisted on interviewing Alexa.

The stylist team left Alexa and Tobin finally, and the interviewer walked into the room. He was a medium-height man with salt and pepper hair. He took a seat across from the two and introduced himself before the camera started to roll. "In five, four, three, two, one, and we're live," the producer announced.

"Hello America, this is Ted Hill, and I'm in the presence of two brilliant ladies of football today: Tobin and Alexa. How are you guys?"

"Great," Tobin and Alexa chorused at the same time.

"Tobin, I'm going to start with you . . ." Alexa zoned out as her teammate explained her run in the World Cup, waiting patiently for her turn to arise. "And now we turn our attention to Alexa over here. How do you think you did in the World Cup?"

"I think I did decently. It was my debut and such, so I was a little nervous," Alexa smiled.

"Decent? I wouldn't call five goals just decent! You won the bronze boot because you didn't have any assists but you still did amazing. You won the Young Player award, your thoughts?"

"I hope that it's the start of a great World Cup career for me. I picked up my goals in the group stages and then another one in the round of sixteen, and I'd like to play through the tournament next time. But, at the same time, I'd happily sit the bench if my team would advance or win."

"People are saying that you're the next Abby Wambach, the next Marta. What do you have to say about that?"

"I'm highly flattered. I don't know if I would say I'm nearly as good or will be as good as those two women but I'm once again highly flattered by their comparison," Alexa replied.

"People have also compared you to James Rodriguez. You were both break out stars during your debuts of the World Cup. And it seems that James has a bit of a crush on you. Your thoughts?"

"James Rodriguez has a crush on me?" Alexa asked, surprised.

"You haven't heard about it?" Ted questioned incredulously.

"I can show her," Tobin chuckled, pulling out her phone. She clicked on a YouTube video before handing it to Alexa. Curious, Alexa stared down at the screen as James was being interviewed.

"So, James, you are one of the most eligible bachelors in Madrid. You must surely have your eye on someone," the interviewer stated.

"I do have admiration for one woman, yes," James agreed.

"Great! And who would this lucky lady be?"

"Alexa, the women's World Cup Young Player Award winner," James smiled, his cheeks tinting pink, causing a few of his teammates to tease him.

Alexa handed the phone back to Tobin. "So how do you feel about being James Rodriguez's crush? A lot of women would kill to be in your position."

"I don't know," Alexa laughed.