Lionel Messi [~] Injured but not Done

For Vibby1234: Lionel Messi

You knew that your husband being a footballer would come with a few risks. He could injure himself at any moment and be out for any time frame between a second and the rest of his career. But, you had hoped that your husband's magical feet would be able to avoid most injuries that plagued other players. This time, he wasn't as lucky.

You hadn't been at the game. Thiago was being fussy and not in the mood to go watch his father play another game of football. Pregnancy was starting to take a toll on you, too, and Leo had understood why you two wouldn't be in the stands cheering his name like usual. When you told him that you didn't think that you and Thiago would be going, he simply kissed your head, rubbed your belly, and nodded, not even arguing in the slightest.

You decided to just watch the game at home. Your back ached as you sat down awkwardly on the couch, Thiago sprawled on the ground in front of the TV. The commentators stated the lineup and what not before the program cut to the tunnel cam. Thiago smiled when the camera landed on his father, who was talking with Dani Alves, as the two of them stood in line next to each other.

The referees led the way out of the tunnel and both teams lined up in a straight line on the pitch. The camera zoomed across the lineups as the announcements were made before the match started. The teams broke apart as the captains met in the middle of the field. Leo discarded his warm up jacket and walked towards the center of the field. Barcelona wouldn't be starting with the ball this half so Leo stood outside of the marked circle.

The whistle blew and everything went as a football match normally would. Barcelona went on the offensive as the ball was stolen away from their opponents. The trio up top, comprised of your husband, Luis Suarez, and Neymar, quickly caused disarray in the opponent's defensive third. With a well-timed pass from Neymar, your husband got a clear shot on goal.

The ball sailed into the net and the Barcelona fans cheered loudly as Leo and his teammates celebrated in the corner. The first half ended 3-1. Their opponents had gotten a free kick and Marc ter Stegen wasn't able to bat it away in time. The trio up top had each gotten a goal each by the time the referee's whistle signaled the end of the first half.

"Papa's doing well, huh, Thiago?" you smiled, poking your son, causing him to giggle.

"Papa scored!" Thiago shouted, crawling up into your lap and snuggling into you the best he could with his sibling in your womb taking up most of the space. The commercials rolled, followed by a quick analysis of both teams, before the players retook the field. It had started out normally once more, nothing out of the ordinary.

Leo got a break away and sprinted down the side of the field, his feet carrying him past defenders. He reached the corner, about to kick the ball to his awaiting teammates when two defenders slide tackled into him. You gasped as your husband tumbled to the ground. It wasn't unusual for him to go to the ground during a game, he got fouled but he got up right afterwards.

Your worry for you husband grew as you saw him punch the ground, his face hidden in the ground. Luis Suarez and Andres Iniesta were the first to reach him, quickly motioning for the medics to come onto the field. "What's wrong with Papa?" Thiago asked, his voice having an edge of worry to it.

"Papa's fine," you assured your child, though you didn't sound sure of yourself. You and Thiago watched quietly as the medics reached Leo, rolling him onto his back. He had been clutching his ankle. The medic removed Leo's hand and you sucked in a breath, covering Thiago's eyes as bile rose in your throat. Leo's ankle was bent at an awkward angle, an unnatural angle.

A stretcher arrived and they loaded Leo into it. The camera zoomed in on his face. His eyes and teeth were clenched shut painfully as he rested one of his arms over his eyes. His substitute ran out as he was stretchered off. The game restarted but you weren't paying attention anymore. The only thoughts that occupied your mind was Leo, and if he was okay.

Your home phone rang and you got up quickly. Rushing to the phone, Thiago trailing behind you, you grabbed the phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Is this (Y/N) Messi?" a voice asked on the other line.

"Yes, this is she."

"Lionel's been hurt. We're taking him by ambulance to the hospital, you can meet us there."

"Okay thank you, what hospital is he going to?"

"El Hospital de Barcelona," the man replied.

"Ok, thank you again. Tell Leo we're on our way," you stated before hanging up the phone. Putting on your shoes and pulling Thiago into his own, you rushed to the car, buckling Thiago into his car seat. Driving towards the hospital, you could only pray that it wasn't as bad as it looked on the television. You arrived at the hospital, rushing to the front desk. "I'm here to see my husband, Lionel Messi," you told the lady behind the desk.

"Do you have proof of relation?" the woman question. Setting Thiago on the ground, you pulled out your ID and a picture of you and Leo. "Here's his room number," the woman gave you the paper slip and buzzed you through. Picking up Thiago, your pace quickened as you reached the elevators. Pressing the buttons quickly, you finally arrived on Leo's floor. Following the signs, you stopped at a set of doors. You paged in and the doors opened up. A nurse showed you to Leo's room.

"He's in surgery right now," the nurse explained. "They should be almost done, it's a quick procedure."

"Thank you," you nodded, sitting Thiago on the bed, as you started to pace. A knock emanated from the door and you walked over to open it. There stood most of Leo's teammates, complete with balloons. "Come in," you moved aside so that they could all pile into the room.

"Where is he?" Neymar asked, sitting next to Thiago on the bed. The guys were all still in their jerseys, too worried about Leo to change before they left Camp Nou.

"The nurse said he should be out of surgery at any moment," you sighed.

"Did you see it happen?"

"Yeah, on the TV," you slumped into a seat, rubbing your eyes tiredly. The door opened once more. A nurse held open the door as they wheeled in Leo. He looked exhausted and you hated seeing him like this. Neymar picked up Thiago and stood to the side as they swapped out the beds. Propping up Leo's foot, the doctor turned to the people standing around him.

"I assume you're the Mrs.," the doctor stated, walking over to you.

"I am."

"Lionel should be fine in a couple of weeks, four at the maximum. It was a quick surgery, we just had to reset the bone. It was a clean job, and he should make a full recovery easily," the doctor informed you. You nodded, sighing.

"Thank you, doctor," you replied. He nodded and got up to leave. Meanwhile, Leo's teammates had crowded around him.

"Don't worry, Leo, we got them back for you," Gerard joked.

"One goal for each week you're missing," Sergio laughed. Leo smiled, despite the news of his injury, and joked with his teammates.

"At least it was the preseason. You'll be back before we take on the real season," Andres assured Leo. Thiago crawled up on the bed, holding a small band aid in his hand.

"Will this help the boo boo heal?" Thaigo asked his father, who smiled.

"Of course. Kid power is always the best medicine," Dani winked at Thiago. You pulled the band aid out of the wrapping for Thiago, who then placed it on Leo's wrapped ankle.

"There, all better," Marc ruffled Thiago's hair. You sighed in relief. Your husband was hurt, but he'd recover. For now, the distraction of his teammates would be perfect for him, for the both of you.