Marc-André ter Stegen [~] Personal Space

For ruty98: Marc-André ter Stegen

Rutwika was and had been growing increasingly annoyed with her longtime boyfriend, Marc-André ter Stegen. It wasn't that he was spending not enough time with her, it was that he spent too much time with her. Other WAGs complained about their significant other never being home and with them, but Rutwika couldn't seem to get space to breath by herself. Marc had somehow attached himself to her hip. He babied her and wouldn't let her do seemingly anything without having to be there while she did it. Whenever something was bothering him, whether it be emotional or physical, he never told her, and she would have to find out from his teammates or other WAGs if something was wrong with him. Rutwika's frustration was growing every day, until one night it finally all amassed into a huge explosion.

One night, Marc was sitting on the couch next to Rutwika, his arm wrapped around her shoulders, when she decided to ask him a question. "Are you okay, Marc? You seem different now a days, compared to how you were two months ago," Rutwika asked.

"I'm fine," he replied stiffly, not shifting his gaze from the television program.

"Are you sure? Because funny thing is, today I was talking with Fernanda, and you appartently took a ball to the face at practice yesterday and it was questionable whether or not you had contracted a concussion," Rutwika drawled, looking over at Marc, who visibly stiffened at her statement.

"I'm fine. It was just a bump on the head, nothing more," Marc said quietly, still refusing to peel his eyes from the television screen.

"Yeah, I know, she told me that. But, I'd still like to know if something like that happened to you. They said you were out of it for two minutes, and I was concerned about you," Rutwika sighed.

"You don't have to be concerned with my wellbeing, Rutwika," Marc replied, finally looking away from the television and towards Rutwika, who was visibly fuming.

"What kind of statement is that? I'm your girlfriend, of course I'm going to be concerned with your wellbeing! That's what girlfriends are supposed to do," Rutwika stated, throwing her hands up in the air dramatically.

"Rutwika—"

"Don't Rutwika me, Marc! Why aren't you telling me anything anymore? Have I done something wrong? Is there another girl? What the hell is going on?" Rutwika snapped, standing up and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nothing is going on, Rutwika, can we just drop the subject?"

"When you say nothing, I immediately think that something is wrong, Marc!"

"Nothing is wrong! Everything is f-ing perfect!" Marc shouted.

"Well thank you for letting me f-ing know about it, Marc. I appreciate the communication!" Rutwika screamed back, sarcasm heavy in her tone.

"Why the hell is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? What about what's wrong with you, Marc? You've been clingly for the past month! You've babied me at every turn and won't let me do anything where I could possibly hurt myself!"

"I don't baby you!"

"You wouldn't let me change the f-ing light bulbs on the chandelier!"

"It's a far distance from the staircase to the chandelier! You could've fallen!"

"See, this is what I'm talking about!" Frustrated, Rutwika stormed into the kitchen, grabbing her purse and keys in the process. Sending one last frustrated glare in Marc's direction, Rutwika was surprised to see his angry mask drop immediately when he saw her heading for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here. I need a minute to clear my head," Rutwika said, thrusting open the front door, only to have Marc press it closed.

"You're just going to leave?"

"Yes, was that not obvious?"

"Don't go, please. I'm sorry all right," Marc pleaded, his face starting to crumble.

"I just need to think," Rutwika sighed, opening the door once more and sprinting out of it. Hopping into her car, Rutwika looked over at Marc, who had fallen to his knees. Putting the key in the ignition, Rutwika drove away. Spending the night at a friend's house, Rutwika returned home the following day, all the worries in her head gone and questions answered.

Unlocking the front door, Rutwika was stunned to see Marc hunched over on the couch, his eyes bloodshot and dark bags under his eyes. "Marc?" Rutwika gasped. Marc snapped to look at her before sprinting off the couch and hugging her tightly.

"I thought I lost you forever," he sobbed.

"You'll never lose me, Marc," Rutwika sighed, hugging Marc back tightly.

"I'm sorry I've been so clingy lately and that I haven't told you anything. But, I was just afraid of losing you. I was worried that if I didn't spend any time with you, you'd leave me for not putting you first. And I didn't tell you anything because I didn't want you to feel like I was dumping all my problems onto your shoulders," Marc explained, still hugging Rutwika tightly, like he was afraid she would evaporate into thin air if he let go of her.

"You'll never be a burden on me, Marc. And I know that your job is time consuming and that sometimes you're gone for days on end or not home. I've accepted that," Rutwika smiled, placing a hand onto Marc's cheek. Marc instantly placed his own larger hand over Rutwika's smaller one, holding her hand to his cheek. "You won't lose me, Marc."

"But that's my greatest fear, Rutwika. I'm afraid that one day I'm going to wake up and you're not going to be there. That I lost you forever and that it was all my fault," Marc sighed, letting one tear to roll out of his eye and dribble down his face until it landed on his and Rutwika's hand.

"You'll never lose me, Marc-André ter Stegen. You're stuck with me forever because never am I ever going to leave you," Rutwika promised, pulling Marc into another hug. The couple stood, just enjoying the embrace of each other. The feeling of being in each other's arms, allowed Marc and Rutwika to both calm down and relax.

"I'm sorry," Marc sighed.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Marc," Rutwika responded, pulling out of the hug. "I love you."

"I love you too," Marc smiled, pressing his lips to Rutwika's as their arms tightened around each other once more.

A.N. Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I'm going to try and be better about requests the rest of the week.