Sergio Agüero [~] Sideline Romance

For Jouch125: Sergio Agüero

                Josefina entered the stadium in Argentina, which was just a short drive away from her and Sergio's childhood neighborhood in Buenos Aires. Reading the seat number on the ticket once again, she walked down the stairs of the stadium, trying to find her seat. Josefina and Sergio had known each other since they were in diapers, literally.

They lived in the same neighborhood and would play together on the streets together as children. This started their lifelong friendship. Sergio eventually left for his football career. Josefina left after him, for her own career. However, they maintained contact throughout their separate lives and were both back in Argentina for a friendly match.

                Finally finding her seat, Josefina sat down and turned her gaze over to the field where the players were warming up. Pulling off her jacket, the Agüero name on the back reflecting the light. Spotting Sergio talking with Lionel by the goal as they ran back and forth to warm up their muscles, Josefina smiled. Sergio noticed her and waved, smiling widely. Josefina waved back, attracting some odd looks from people around her.

                Sergio focused back on warm ups and Josefina waited patiently for the match to start. The players walked off the pitch, meaning that the start of the game was coming soon. Josefina cheered loudly once the Argentinians emerged from the tunnel. They stood side by side, waiting for their opponents' national anthem to finish politely. As the familiar tune started to play, Josefina smiled and sang proudly with the rest of the stadium.

When the national anthem finished, the players shook each other's hands and took off their warm up gear, each heading out to his respective starting spot on the field. Josefina followed Sergio's movements over to the center circle. Argentina wasn't kicking off first so Sergio stayed outside of the circle. Josefina focused on her best friend as the ref blew the whistle, starting the game. Argentina's opponents kicked off and sent the ball backwards into their own half where they just passed it back and forth.

Sergio and Lionel moved into their half, followed by the Argentinian midfield line. Sergio challenged an opponent but the opponent passed it away from Sergio before he could stop the pass. Sergio didn't stop there and chased after the ball. Argentina looked strong against their opponents but couldn't seem to connect their midfield with their attacking players. They had ten shots on goal so far but Josefina was stunned to witness none of them enter the net.

After Argentina retained the ball off a goal kick taken by their opponents, they dribbled down the side of the field. Di Maria ran towards the corner before cutting towards the goal. Sergio and Lionel were waiting within striking distance. However, an opponent spectacularly headed the ball away from the Argentinians. The Argentina side was awarded a corner kick as the second half drew to a close Sergio stood in the goal, waiting for the cross to come into the box.

Josefina sat directly behind the kicker, who rushed forward after the referee blew the whistle. The ball flew towards the goal, being headed away by a defender and right into the possession of her best friend. Sergio redirected the ball, sending it hurling over the defender's head. It curved and the ball bounced off the crossbar before entering the goal, the swish of the net setting the crowd into a frenzy.

Josefina cheered, hopping up and down in excitement, as Sergio ran to the corner, a seemingly usual celebration. As he neared the wall that separated fans and players, he pointed to Josefina before making a heart with his hands. She blushed as his teammates piled on top of him. Able to wiggle out of the dog pile, Sergio ran over to the wall. He looked directly at Josefina, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Josefina, will you go out with me?" Sergio shouted. Without a second thought, Josefina answered Sergio seriously

                "Of course I will, now focus back on the game and score another goal!" she smiled, blowing him a kiss. Sergio 'caught' it before heading away from the corner to retake his position at the center circle. Josefina smiled as Sergio walked away. Feeling a tug on her shirt, Josefina turned to see a little boy wearing a Sergio Agüero jersey, like Josefina was.

                "Are you Sergio Agüero's girlfriend?" he asked quietly. Josefina nodded, smiling down at the little boy. "Can I have your autograph?" The game ended 3-0, with Sergio scoring a hat trick. He dedicated each goal he scored to his new girlfriend, Josefina, which got the presses interested in their budding romantic relationship.

The game finished and people started to pile out of the stadium. Josefina sat in her seat, waiting for Sergio to text her or to come over to her. Getting a text from Sergio, Josefina got up and headed towards the exit. Following Sergio's instructions on how to get to the locker room area, Josefina ended up chest to chest with security guards. "You can't come down this way, ma'am. Players and stated guests only," one of the security guards stated.

                "I'm Sergio Agüero's girlfriend, Josefina," she said. Showing them her ticket, which had the insignia of a player's guest ticket on it, the security guards apologized before allowing Josefina through. Walking down the stairs to a long hallway, Josefina looked around for any sign of Sergio or anyone else for that matter.

Finally, a door at the end of the hallway led to a big room with couches and chairs piled with wives, girlfriends, children, parents, etc. Josefina waved to a few she had met when Sergio had dragged her to previous games as she waited for Sergio to emerge from the locker room. Players started to file out, leaving with their families. Sergio and Lionel emerged at the same time, both walking to their respective girlfriends. "You got my text?"

                "Of course I did. Had to show the guards my ticket for them to let me through but it was worth the trouble," Josefina smiled. "And those three goals were all amazing, Serg," she added.

                "I'd hope they were. I wouldn't want to dedicate just a scrappy goal to my new girlfriend," Sergio winked, leading her out of the recreation room and out towards the parking lot where reporters swarmed the duo, asking about their new relationship. The two didn't answer any questions, and just walked peacefully over to the car, their interwoven hands preventing a separation as they navigated the mob.