Gregory van der Weil [~] Protective Pregnancy

For THEO: Gregory van der Weil

When Theo found out that she was pregnant, after two consecutive years of trying with no success, she immediately burst out of the bathroom and leapt into the arms of her husband Gregory van der Weil. "I'm pregnant!" she shouted, an infectious smile on her face. In response, Gregory lifted her up and spun her around, before kissing her on the lips and on her still flat midriff.

Going to the doctor's for her first trimester checkup, Theo and Gregory were stunned to learn that they were expecting twins. The excitement that radiated from the couple was infectious and soon the hype about the babies spread. Theo knew that Gregory would be protective over her, he always had been, but never had she imagined this type of treatment.

Gregory was a nervous father-to-be. He was also protective of his wife and his unborn children. The two mixing, resulted in super overprotective Gregory. Theo had reached the end of her second trimester and her bump was proudly out and growing day by day. Gregory was always out of bed in the morning, having to leave early for training.

Theo woke up late usually and so they never saw each other in the morning. That is, except for today. Theo had woken up early to start the nursery preparations. Gregory was already up and was scrolling through his twitter feed in bed. Theo leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the lips before getting out of bed. "Where are you going?"

"Downstairs, I have to grab the stuff for the nursery," Theo answered. Gregory scrambled out of bed and placed a hand on her back.

"Why don't you just wait up here, I'll go get the stuff?"

"I'll be fine, it's just a paint can and a few accessories," Theo shrugged.

"I insist," Gregory pushed. Theo knew better than to argue with her stubborn husband and just let him help. Gregory guided her to the staircase. Theo put a hand on the railing, the other a top her bulging stomach. She was about to take a step when Gregory stopped her. "You're wearing socks," he pointed out.

"Yes? Is it illegal to wear socks in one's own home?" Theo asked sarcastically.

"You and I both know that you've slipped down the stairs more than once, and socks played a direct role in that. You've got precious cargo now, so we can't take risks like that for now," Gregory explained. Rolling her eyes, but wanting to calm Gregory down, Theo removed her socks and started to walk down the stairs. "Put both feet on one step before moving to the next. It's safer that way," Gregory instructed.

"I'm fine, Gregory. I promise," Theo smiled reassuringly to her husband.

"Please, for the babies' sakes," Gregory pleaded. Agreeing to take the steps one by one, Theo's patience with her husband was starting to wear. "Alright, three more steps to go," he coached.

"It's not like I'm running a marathon or anything like that," Theo joked, reaching the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm just being cautious. You've got two times the reason to be careful," Gregory rubbed Theo's stomach gently, enticing the two babies within to kick.

"And now look what you've done," Theo joked, rubbing her belly.

"So where's the nursery stuff?"

"It's over there, in the kitchen," Theo stated, waddling towards the kitchen until Gregory stopped her.

"I'll go grab them, why don't you just sit down right here, and I'll be right back?" Gregory questioned, guiding Theo to the couch before gently helping her into a sitting position. Theo sighed in annoyance as Gregory went to grab the nursery stuff. She was pregnant, it's not like she broke both legs and had to be carried everywhere. Gregory returned with the stuff.

"We can just put that in the nursery. The painters should be here tomorrow," Theo said, grabbing for a paint can.

"This is too heavy, I don't want you to strain yourself," Gregory said, moving the paint can out of her grasp. "I'll go put them upstairs. Why don't you watch some TV?" Before Theo could argue, Gregory was already walking up the stairs. Sighing in annoyance, her stomach grumbled as a wave of cravings washed over her.

"Mashed potatoes again?" she growled in annoyance. Pulling herself up into a standing position, Theo waddled into the kitchen. Pulling out the mashed potato mix, she tried to locate the pot to cook it in. "Gregory did the dishes yesterday, so where did he put that pot?" Theo asked aloud. Looking up, she spotted the pot she was looking for in one of the upper shelves of the cupboards. Looking around for a step stool, Theo quickly located one and went to grab it. Picking it up, she placed it in front of the cupboard and stepped up onto it. Reaching for the pot, Gregory chose that moment to turn the corner.

"What are you doing?!?"

"Grabbing the pot, I wanted mashed potatoes again," Theo shrugged, trying to reach for the pot once more.

"You're going to hurt yourself, let me grab the pot," Gregory said, quickly helping Theo down and off the step stool. "And don't get on top of the step stool, you'll fall and hurt yourself or the babies." Swinging his arms upwards, Gregory effortlessly grabbed the pot and placed it on the stove.

"I'm not a child, Gregory! I can do whatever I want to do, and I don't need you breathing down my neck to do everything for me! I'm an independent woman and I don't need you being my slave for the day to get things done!" Theo finally let all of her frustration flow out of her.

"I'm just trying to make sure that you and the babies are safe!"

"We're perfectly fine, Gregory! What are you afraid of?"

"I'm afraid of losing you!" Gregory shouted, the anger leaving his body after the sentence left his mouth. Theo's anger also dissipated immediately. "I'm afraid that you're going to trip of fall and you'll get hurt or our babies will get hurt. I'm afraid I'm going to lose everything. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you or the babies got hurt. I'd constantly question myself, why wasn't I there? Why didn't I prevent it? Why didn't I save them?" Gregory said quietly.

Sighing, Theo placed a hand on his cheek, causing Gregory to look into her eyes. "You'll never lose us, Gregory. We're right here, we're perfectly healthy," Theo stated, grabbing one of Gregory's hands and placing it on her stomach. The kick of their unborn children immediately caused a smile to grace both of their faces. Pulling his wife into a hug, careful of her baby bump, Gregory wondered how he had been so lucky to have Theo as his wife and with two unborn children ready to appear in the real world in three months. Theo, meanwhile, smiled at how her husband, tall and tattooed Gregory van der Weil, deep down on the inside was one of the most sincere and caring men on the planet. The small family enjoyed the moment alone, the world oblivious to it.