Chuba Akpom [~] Power Outage

For SummmerLovee: Chuba Akpom

It was another dreary day in England. The skies had opened up and rain was falling down onto the streets. However, no matter the weather, your boyfriend was out practicing football. Because he was on loan to Hull City, a four hour drive away from London, he had had to rent an apartment for the time he would be on loan.

He had given you a key and you waited inside the apartment for him to return. You were a student, and your university was in the middle between London and Chuba's new football club, so it had been just as tiring to get to Chuba in Hull as it had been to see Chuba in London. You, however, were thankful that he was still in the same country, and not loaned out to some German or Spanish team, which would have made it impossible for the two of you to see each other.

As the rain continued to fall and the temperature dropped, you decided that it would be best if you made some hot cocoa and some hot soup for Chuba when he got home from practice. Setting a pot on the stove, you heated up water before adding in broth, vegetables, and some leftover chicken you had found in the refrigerator from your date last night.

You also heated up the hot cocoa as the door knob jiggled. The door opened and Chuba walked through the door, shivering. "They couldn't cancel practice, even though we were all basically freezing our butts off out there," Chuba said as he shook off his coat, revealing semi-soaked clothes underneath. "What are you making?"

"Just some soup and a little hot cocoa," you replied as you stirred the pot.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"You have once or twice," you winked, focusing back on the soup. "Why don't you go shower since you look like your soaked to the bone, and I'll finish cooking? Deal?"

"Deal," Chuba agreed, pecking your lips, before walking into the bathroom. You heard the water turn on and continued to stir the pot. The hot cocoa was almost finished so you pulled out two mugs out of the cupboards. Pouring some of the steaming liquid into both mugs, you pulled out some whipped cream to put on top. Setting the mugs aside, you poured the soup into two bowls. Setting up the table, Chuba came out of the bathroom, wearing dry clothes.

"It's finished," you announced, setting the bowls of soup on the table and the mugs of hot cocoa next to them. Chuba pulled out your chair for you, pushing you in slightly, before going and taking his own seat. "Why thank you," you winked, before taking a spoonful of soup into your mouth. "So how was practice?"

"It was the usual, just different people than I'm used to. But, they all seem to be nice lads, so it should be fine this season. The coach is really impressed with me," Chuba stated.

"Of course he is impressed with you, you're a great goal scorer," you complimented. "And I'm not just saying that because I'm your girlfriend and I'm automatically biased."

"You surely know the way to a man's heart," Chuba smiled. Before your conversation could continue, the lights went off. "That's weird." Both you and Chuba got up and stumbled around for the light switch. "The lights aren't working."

"Power outage?" you wondered, checking the digital clocks. When they didn't flash the correct time, you confirmed to Chuba that it was a power outage.

"Well so much for a nice dinner."

"Don't you have any flash lights or candles or something?" you asked, searching through the drawers for any other alternative light source.

"I found some candles!" Chuba said, returning with a box of candles.

"Where did you get those?" you questioned, walking over to your boyfriend.

"My mother dragged me to Yankee Candle after she complained that my apartment didn't smell good," Chuba shrugged, pulling out the candles and setting them up around the table. You pulled out your phone and called the electricity provider. The automated message made you sigh in annoyance.

"They predict that it'll be out until three in the morning tomorrow," you told Chuba, pulling out a lighter. As Chuba placed the candles all over the place, you lit them and soon, the two of you could see in front of you again. You and Chuba finished your soup and hot cocoa, and after Chuba downed the rest of the hot cocoa that was still left, you put the soup away into the fridge, even though the fridge didn't work currently. "Well, looks like we're stuck here for the night."

"You say that like it's a bad thing," Chuba teased, poking you lightly in the rib cage.

"Well what do you suggest we do, all great and powerful Chuba," you teased in a dramatic voice.

"We can . . . talk?"

"That is such a great idea, Chuba, I don't know why I didn't think of that," you said in a sarcastic voice, smiling at your boyfriend. In response, Chuba picked you up and put you on the couch. He proceeded to tickle you. You were really ticklish and Chuba knew all of your weak spots when it came to tickling. You tried to form sentences but you couldn't because you were laughing too hard.

"Say you're sorry for being mean and then maybe I'll stop tickling you," Chuba stated, continuing to tickle you.

"I-I-I-I'm sor-r-r-ry!" you yelled before another set of laughs and giggles caused you to be unable to speak and form proper sentences.

"For what?" Chuba urged.

"F-For mak-k-k-king fun of-f-f you-ou," you laughed out.

"And what were you making fun of me for?"

"B-B-Becaus-s-se you sug-g-g-gested that w-w-we talk-k," you finally let out. "N-N-Now stop-p-p tickl-l-ling m-m-me!"

"Fine," Chuba finally relented and you were finally able to breathe again. Sucking in deep breaths, you glared over at Chuba.

"I hate you."

"You love me. I know you do and you know you do," Chuba replied, smirking at you.

"Okay, fine. I love you. You happy now?" you asked Chuba.

"Quite," he smiled before pulling you into a sweet kiss with only candle light illuminating your faces.

A.N. Adnan Januzaj next!