Bastian Schweinsteiger (Part 3) [~] Long Time Coming

For dearlove123: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Walking through her and Bastian's large, shared home, Cara stopped in the living room, spotting a seemingly disgruntled Bastian in the dining room. Making her way over to him, Cara grabbed her boyfriend's hand in her own and gave it a soft reassuring squeeze to let him know that she was there. Bastian looked up at Cara through his eyelashes. Cara, who gave him a small smile of reassurance, tilted her head in confusion at Bastian's mysteriously out of character actions.

"What's wrong?" Cara asked, placing her other hand flat on Bastian's forehead. "Are you sick?" Cara looks of concern at Bastian caused the German to straighten up a bit.

"No, I'm fine." Bastian cracked a small smile, hopping that Cara wouldn't worry about him anymore. He didn't want her to waste her time worrying about him, and he definitely didn't want his problems to affect her in anyway shape or form.

"You don't look fine. Did Cristiano threaten you again, because if he did I'll talk to him again?" Cara narrowed her eyes. Long story short, a few months ago after a small disagreement between Cara and Bastian that was completely resolved by the time Cara's brother got involved, Cristiano thought that it would be a good idea to threaten his potential brother-in-law. After Cara found out about the threats, Bastian ended up preventing Cara from clawing out Cristiano's eyes, although he was happy to not be on the receiving end. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, he had muttered to himself when he had attempted to calm her down after telling her the news.

"No, he didn't threaten me," Bastian sighed, running a hand through his dirty blond hair, which was sticking up at all ends at the moment.

"Well something's obviously bothering you, so spill. Otherwise I'll find out someway somehow," Cara said pointedly, giving Bastian a look that told him to not mess with her. In response, Bastian grabbed Cara's other hand and pulled her around the table and into a sitting position in his lap. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he rested his head on her shoulder and breathed in her scent, which he fondly remembered as vanilla.

"You changed your shampoo," he mumbled into her hair.

"I did, but that's beside the point. What's wrong with you?" Cara questioned, placing her hands on her chest and separating Bastian's head from the crook of her neck. "You know you can tell me anything Basti," Cara whispered, running one of her fingers lightly across his cheek, causing him to shiver. With one last look from Cara, Bastian sighed.

"I just wanted to tell you a few things, Cara," he quietly replied, looking down at her hands which were connected to his own, larger ones.

"You can tell me anything, Basti. I'm here for you," Cara reassured.

"Well . . . don't be like creepy out or run away from me forever, promise?" Bastian pleaded.

"I promise," Cara vowed.

"Ok," Bastian sighed. "Cara . . ."

"Bastian . . ." Cara urged.

"I just wanted to tell you . . . that from the moment I met you . . . I loved you," Bastian said truthfully. "I just saw you and I just wanted to be a part of your life, the rest of your life and mine." Cara smiled, snuggling into Bastian's chest, and playing with his fingers.

"I love you too, Bastian," Cara stated, looking up into Bastian's crystalline eyes.

"Good, because otherwise this would be really awkward," Bastian laughed nervously, causing Cara to snort once or twice herself. "Cara, I know that we've been together for not very long and that our age difference greatly affects our relationship—"

"—You're not concerned about all those lies that the tabloids type up, are you?" Cara interrupted suddenly.

"No, they're just people with no lives of their own that just want to ruin happy people's lives. I don't even read those stupid tabloids," Bastian assured Cara. She nodded and smiled.

"You were saying?"

"I just wanted to tell you . . . that I want you by my side for the rest of our lives . . . that is if you want to . . . it's your choice," Bastian rambled. Taking his face in her hands, Cara pressed a kiss to Bastian's mouth, effectively shutting him up. Pulling back after a few minutes, breathless, Cara closed her eyes.

"I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, Basti," Cara mumbled into Bastian's lips.

"So, I'll take that as a yes," Bastian smiled, pressing another kiss to Cara's lips. Cara and Bastian smiled into the kiss as they were just left by themselves in their own home. Indeed, Bastian and Cara did spend the rest of their lives by each other's sides. They were later married, and expecting a child as Bastian's career slowly reached its end. However, their child got to see plenty of Bastian's games. As soon as their child was born, memes soon popped up all over the internet about how awesome their child would be at football, with Cristiano as his uncle and godfather while Bastian was his father, which made Cara and Bastian smile and crack up without fail.

At his last game wearing a German shirt, which just happened to be the World Cup, he thanked the German fans for their support throughout his career. He had walked over to Cara, taking their, at the time, adorably young and confused children in his arms and parading around the pitch with them in his arms. Their children were all similar in looks, as siblings usually are.

They were tanner, adopting more of Cara's skin tone, but their hair color varied as did their eyes. But all in all, Cara and Bastian couldn't be happier. At this point in their lives, no more did the paparazzi and tabloids question their relationship due to their age gap or for some made up reason. Their long marriage proved that not all footballer were players that would just move woman to woman. Indeed, they had their happily ever after.