Jamie Vardy [~] On Camera

Jamie Vardy

For EvieHeartJamie4ever:

You waited patiently for your coworkers to arrive at the stadium. You had dropped Sofia off with her grandparents before walking out the back of the stadium where various news crews were setting up and preparing to broadcast the match. You had arrived early to wish your husband good luck and to hand off your daughter so that you could work.

You were a reporter for a British news station. You just had to wait for your camera crew and other workers from your station to arrive so that you could all set up and you could get some of the introductory information about the match out of the way. You didn't have to commentate during the match luckily, so you could watch the game with your parents-in-law and your daughter without any problems.

Leicester City just had to win this game and they were champions. You, and just about everyone else that was watching the match, were confident that by the end of the day, your husband and his teammates would be lifting the Premier League trophy. Walking down the pathway to greet your news van, you waited for the doors to open and for the crew to filter out of the van.

"Early as usual, I see," one of your coworkers teased. "How's the hubby? Excited?"

"He's ready to be a champion," you smiled fondly at the thought of how your husband and his teammates had beat impossible odds this year and the year before to get to where they were now. Grabbing your microphone and some other equipment, you led your crew through the stadium to your section. The camera crew set up and set up the space as you fixed your hair and makeup quickly.

"We're ready when you are," your coworkers told you. Grabbing onto your microphone, you stood a few paces from the camera and made sure your ear piece was securely in your ear and functioning properly. Giving your coworkers the thumbs up, you waited for the camera light to turn red. Your coworkers cued you and you plastered a wide smile on your face.

"Thank you, Jim. I'm standing right next to the field where history may be made today. Leicester City, having climbed to the top of the Premier League Table, can seal the deal and walk away champions today with a win. They've already beaten this side once before, so the likeliness that we could see them lifting the trophy later today is very high," you stated. Your cameramen gave you a few more cues before you went off air.

Nodding to your crew, you walked away and went to sit in the family section of the stadium. Pulling on your Vardy shirt over your work clothes, you sat down next to your mother-in-law and grabbed your daughter, placing her in your lap. "Do you see Daddy?" you cooed in her ear, pointing to the players that were warming up already on the pitch.

She giggled as you bounced her lightly. You had a small conversation with Jamie's parents before your attention went towards the pitch, where the teams were emerging. Jamie stood proudly alongside his teammates as a loud cheer rang out around the stadium. The players shook hands and lined up, waiting anxiously for the match to start. You hugged your daughter to your chest as you saw Jamie talking with teammates before the whistle was blown.

Leicester started without the ball but quickly gained possession. Several shots were made on goal by Leicester within the first half an hour, but none were able to sneak past the keeper and into the net. You saw that Jamie was getting frustrated but he kept his cool. Sprinting up the side of the field, you saw Jamie gesturing for a pass. Mahrez delivered one and Jamie ran towards the goal.

Powering past a defender, Jamie took a shot, curving the ball around the other defender and out of the reach of the keeper. The ball flew into the upper right corner of the goal, causing wild cheers to rise quickly. You cheered, standing up and bouncing your daughter as your husband celebrated with his teammates. Breaking out of the dog pile, Jamie stuck his thumb in his mouth and pointed towards where you were standing with your daughter.

You bounced your daughter before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Daddy scored the goal for you, sweetie," you cooed, causing your daughter to giggle. Looking at the clock, you gave your daughter back to your mother-in-law before running back to your crew to do a quick half time update. Returning shortly after, you watched the rest of the game with your family. The game ended with Leicester winning and therefore Premier League champions.

You made your way down to the pitch, smiling as Jamie ran over to you. He leaned over the barrier and kissed you passionately. Pulling away, you held out your daughter. "I have to go work quickly, I'll be right back," you told your husband before making your way towards your crew. Straightening out your clothes after removing your jersey, for neutrality sakes, you smiled at the camera once more. They had set up a teleprompter so that you could do interviews. "After ninety minutes, Leicester City are champions. After a thrilling 3-1 win, and beating 4000 to 1 chances, we will get to see the Leicester boys lift the trophy later today. And we have with us, Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy. Boys, how do you feel right now?"

"Absolutely incredible. There are no words to describe how blessed we feel. We fought very hard for this title and we feel like we deserve it," Riyad smiled.

"Jamie, this season you scored the second most amount of goals, tying with Sergio Agüero but beating him on assists. An impressive season, no?" you asked, a big smile on your face.

"Yes, I would say it was impressive. But I have to point out my teammates and my beautiful wife who keep supporting me so that I have the drive and ability to score those goals," Jamie smiled back. You asked a few more generic questions before getting to your last one.

"Anything else you have to say about the season or the game?" you questioned them. Before you could do anything, Jamie's lips were on yours and his arms were wrapped tightly around your waist. Pulling back after a few seconds, you smiled as you delivered your last line. "Back to you guys at the studio." After the camera cut off, your lips were once again on Jamie's. Pulling away for air, you blushed a deep red at the cheering you received from your coworkers and Riyad.

Jamie took your hand and led you out of the room and back onto the pitch where your daughter was waiting with your mother-in-law. Jamie went to go receive his medal as you waited patiently with your daughter. Smiling widely as Leicester lifted the trophy, you waited for your husband to return down to you with a medal around his neck. "Does the champion get a kiss?" he questioned.

"Why, of course," you chuckled, pressing a kiss to his cheek before handing your daughter over to your husband. Jamie to your hand in his own and pulled you towards some of the other boys and their families. Leaning into your husband, you smiled at just how perfect your life was at this moment.