Hachim Mastour [~] Sliding into Your Heart

For vanshika1212: Hachim Mastour

Vanshika hugged her brother tightly. "Don't forget about me," she pleaded, almost refusing to let go of him.

"I'll be fine, it's only Monaco," Stephan insisted. Hugging his sister back just as tightly, he looked behind her to see his teammates standing there. "And besides, there's all these guys to take care of you while I'm gone," Stephan said, motioning towards the guys standing behind them. Vanshika turned around to see the AC Milan guys nodding. "I'll call you tonight, I promise."

Vanshika nodded and pulled away from her death grip she had on her brother. He gave her a kiss on the head before waving once more to his teammates. Hopping into his car, he starting driving to Monaco. Some of the AC Milan guys walked back to their cars, leaving just a few guys left to look after Vanshika. She had walked away from the driveway and towards the bench in their front yard. Among those still around, was Hachim Mastour.

Him and Vanshika were the same age, and got along well. "I'll make sure she's okay, you guys can go home," Hachim told the other guys, who nodded and left as well. Watching them drive away, Hachim walked over to Vanshika. "Can I sit here?" Hachim asked, motioning to the seat next to her on the bench. Vanshika nodded and scooted over so that Hachim had more room. He sat down and leaned back, looking at Vanshika with a concerned look.

"You don't have to babysit me, I can take care of myself," Vanshika told Hachim.

"I'm sure you can, but I was instructed by your older brother to make sure you got home just fine," Hachim replied.

"I'm in my yard, isn't that close enough?"

"I remember something about we couldn't leave until you were in bed type of thing." Vanshika sighed, and placed her head in her hands. "Have you ever been separated from your brother like this before?"

"Not really," Vanshika admitted. "There were times when he would be gone for a day to three days for matches. I went with him to the World Cup, so yeah, this is the longest we'll have been apart for."

"Well, you still have your parents here, right? Your friends," Hachim trailed off.

"But none of them know me like Stephan does. No one knows me like Stephan does," Vanshika corrected herself. "He's my older brother, but he's also my best friend."

"Well, imagine me as Stephan then. Pretend I'm him, would that make you feel better?"

"For that to work, you'd have to at least cut your hair like his, which I know you won't," Vanshika teased, a small smile reaching her lips.

"Alright, then we'll start from square one. I'll become your second best friend. Hi, I'm Hachim Mastour," Hachim mock introduced himself.

"Vanshika El Shaarawy," Vanshika replied. "Nice to meet you, Hachim."

"The pleasure is all mine," Hachim smiled. The two talk for about two hours about little things, like favorites and passions, etc. It started to get dark when Vanshika stood up.

"It was fun talking to you, Hachim. I'm going to go eat and go to bed. I'll see you whenever," Vanshika waved goodbye before walking inside her home. After that day, every Monday and Thursday, depending on AC Milan's games, Hachim and Vanshika would sit and talk at the bench in her front lawn. The two started to become close.

Vanshika considered Hachim among her closest friends and Hachim did so as well. But, of course, both were teenagers and hormones run high at that point. Best friends somewhat blurred into crush for both Hachim and Vanshika, although neither would admit it. Hachim did it for relative safety; if Stephan found out that while he was away, Hachim had just swooped in and gotten his sister to be his girlfriend, Hachim wouldn't be safe from castration until he ran across Switzerland. Vanshika didn't know what to do in the situation. She'd had crushes on guys before but they were meaningless and not based on something actually there. It scared her, how she felt for Hachim.

About half way through the football season, Hachim had been wrestling with himself over what he should do about him and Vanshika. The next day, he decided, he would bring up the subject of them liking each other and go from there. By the time he arrived at Vanshika's house, she was already waiting for him on the bench, doodling on a piece of paper.

Hachim walked over to her, sitting in his usual spot. The two made small talk about their days before Hachim decided it would be the right time to ask Vanshika about the two of them. "Vanshika, what . . . are we to you?"

"We're two teenagers that seem to like each other enough to see and talk to each other for hours on a weekly basis," Vanshika shrugged.

"How would you feel . . . if we were something . . . more?"

"Like boyfriend and girlfriend?" Vanshika asked, turning to look at Hachim.

"Yeah . . ." Hachim trailed off.

"Is that a question or a statement?" Vanshika teased.

"Look, I like you, Vanshika. And every time I talk to you, there's these butterflies in my stomach that I can't seem to get rid of," Hachim explained. "You're constantly on my mind and I can't get you out of my head."

"I like you too, Hachim," Vanshika smiled. "And, I agree, you're constantly on my mind. And I blush like a little school girl every time someone mentions your name."

"So, boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Yes, boyfriend and girlfriend," Vanshika chuckled, placing a quick peck on Hachim's cheek, causing him to blush the shade of a tomato. The football season was drawing to an end and Stephan would be coming home soon. Vanshika and Hachim had been dating for about five months but they hadn't disclosed the fact to many people yet. Stephan arrived home when Vanshika and Hachim were talking on their bench. Vanshika immediately got up and ran over to her brother, enveloping him in as big of a hug as she could manage. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too," Stephan hugged back tightly, noticing Hachim sitting on the bench. "Why is Hachim here?"

"After you left, Hachim came over to make sure I was okay and we've been talking here every week since," Vanshika explained as they walked over to Hachim. "And he's also . . . kind of . . . my boyfriend." Before Vanshika could react, Stephan lunged at Hachim, who sprinted away. "Stephan leave him alone!"

"I told you to take care of my sister, not to play with her freaking heart!"

"I didn't, I swear," Hachim stated. Vanshika stood in between Hachim and Stephan.

"Stephan, he is my boyfriend, not your punching bag. You can't threaten him or try and tackle him, got it?" Stephan tried to reply but Vanshika cut him off with a glare. "Got it?"

"Fine, but if you hurt her, I'll be kicking your ass all the way to the San Siro as free kick practice, is that clear?"

"Crystal."