Mesut Özil and Marco Reus (Part 4) [~] Choices

A.N. Hey guys! I'm back from vacation and I have seven requests to do from both sites so please be patient with me if you have requested, I'll get to it as soon as I can. Requests are still open but if it takes me forever to do them, no hate please, I'm super busy. On with the story!

Mariyam and Marco's relationship had slowly started to bloom. Marco respected that Mariyam didn't want to jump into anything straight away and happily moved at whatever pace of their relationship Mariyam had established. Mariyam had done her best to focus on Marco and only Marco but she was still struggling. In one instance, she broke down in sobs in front of Marco. "I'm so stupid. I don't know why you still want to be in a relationship with me, Marco. I'm selfish, I haven't thought about your feelings or how you feel about all of this. I'm just a selfish bitch, you can walk out and I won't be insulted. Just please do it quickly," she had sobbed.

Marco had just quietly pulled her into a hug, whispering sweet words into her ears and eventually calmed her down. Two months after her official commitment to Marco, and only Marco, she finally accepted Marco's request for the two of them to start dating. They had only been dating for a month by the time the press had completely become obsessed with them and their relationship.

Mariyam didn't like the publicity and they both tried to avoid the spotlight as much as possible. Tabloids immediately plastered their pictures on magazines, gossip websites, etc. The news had travelled around the world within a day, and London was no exception. Staring down at the picture on the cover of the magazine, Mesut's throat clenched up. He gripped the magazine tightly, before throwing it across the room. "This is what was best for her," he reminded himself as he stood up. Walking past the crumpled magazine, Mesut let out one more sigh.

Marco had been ecstatic that Mariyam had agreed to go out with him. He smiled more and his teammates noticed the spring in his step whenever Mariyam was around. Mariyam was enjoying herself as well. Although there was always that tugging in the back of her head over whether or not she made the right decision, she loved spending time with Marco.

He was so kind to her that she couldn't help but be one of those girls that squealed whenever he was near. They hadn't moved in together, Mariyam not being completely comfortable with the idea just quite yet, but Mariyam had moved closer to Marco. Having transferred her job to Germany, she was now just a short twenty minute drive away from Marco's home in Germany, instead of the six hour drive otherwise from Paris to Dortmund.

This made Marco quite happy, although he didn't show it to Mariyam directly. She often attended Dortmund games when she could and tried to go to a few German national team ones too, although she preferred not to go to those games for obvious reasons. Marco and Mesut worked well on the field as if their fight over Mariyam had never happened. Both had seemingly improved because of the altercation.

Marco was more passionate, wanting to make Mariyam proud as she watched on, and was more aggressive and technical on the ball compared to how he had been before. Mesut, to avoid thoughts about Mariyam, had trained longer and harder than he ever had before in his life and the work he had put in showed as he skillfully travelled around his opponents, still passing with tremendous accuracy. Their German teammates were relieved that the riff between the two of them had dissipated and they were back to their usual selves.

In preparation for Euro 2016, there was a party planned to celebrate their success in the World Cup in Brazil and rally support for the team for the following year. Marco had brought Mariyam as his plus one to the party. It was being held in a warehouse type area, with many small rooms on the sides of the room for private talks or for anyone that didn't want to deal with the blaring music and most likely drunk guests. Mariyam had taken refuge in one as Marco talked with sponsors over commercials for the German NT. It was explicitly hot in the small room and Mariyam downed her water.

Not wanting to drink and possibly do stupid things because of her intoxication, Mariyam stuck with water for that night. The cover of the room opened. Mesut peeked in, stopping in the doorway when he saw Mariyam sitting in the room. "My apologies, I didn't realize this room was taken," he replied quietly, heading out of the room, only to bump into Marco.

"What are you doing here?" Marco asked, raising an eyebrow at his teammate. The two were the same height but the tone in Marco's voice immediately made Mesut feel like it was Per who was talking down to him. He wasn't one to let people just walk all over him, however.

"I thought it was unoccupied. Sorry, I'll just be going," Mesut said, trying to walk around his teammate. Marco grabbed his arm and pulled him into the room, closing the opening after doing so. Mesut raised an eyebrow at this, as did Mariyam, who stood up from where she was sitting. "Can I please go, Marco? I'm sorry I walked into here, okay? It won't happen again," Mesut sighed, getting agitated by his teammate's actions.

"No, we need to talk, all three of us," Marco stated, looking back and forth from Mariyam and Mesut.

"There's nothing to talk about," Mesut insisted.

"Oh there's quite a lot of things to talk about."

"Marco, we've been over this. Just let Mesut leave, please," Mariyam pleaded with Marco, tired and not wanting to spend any more time than she already had going back and forth, back and forth.

"You won, Marco. You happy? You won, you get Mariyam all to yourself and you two get to ride off into the sunset together, now can I please just go?" Mesut snapped sarcastically, his frustration with Marco's antics reaching dangerous heights.

"All of us know that that's not true," Marco muttered. "Which is why I wanted Mariyam to decide once and for all," Marco sighed, looking over at Mariyam who raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend.

"What are you talking about?" she questioned, getting fed up with Marco as well.

"You still had feelings for Mesut when we first started to date, you told me so. I'm just making sure that they aren't there anymore," Marco shrugged, standing next to Mesut.

"Marco, I already chose you. Can we just drop it and leave?"

"No, I need to hear it for myself, Mariyam. Who do you chose Mariyam?"

"Marco, you won. Just accept that," Mesut stated, before walking away. Marco grabbed his arm and swung his teammate back around. "Stop that. You won, go ahead and admit it. You won, I lost, enjoy your lives together," Mesut glared at Marco, ripping Marco's hand off of his own shoulder.

"We won't know until she says so, truly says so," Marco insisted. "Chose, Mariyam."

"Marco . . ."

"Goddammit! Just chose! I need to know Mariyam, I need to know! Just say it! You don't have to pick me! You can pick Mesut! I just need to know for myself, Mariyam. Please!" Mariyam's eyes widened as she looked back and forth between the two German midfielders. "Choose."

"I choose . . ."

A.N. Seven more requests to go, because I'm assuming that you guys want the next part to this story. Sorry for being evil, but I ended it on a cliffhanger.