Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain [~] Protective Instincts

Sighing to yourself, you pushed open the door to your shared flat once again. Your boyfriend was sprawled on the couch, luckily asleep. You tip toed past him, almost making it to the stairs before he woke up. "What are you doing?" he asked, sitting up.

"I was just going to go to bed, long day at work," you replied. You were calm on the outside but on the inside you were quivering in fear.

"You weren't hanging around with that Alex guy again, were you?" your boyfriend growled, appearing threateningly in front of you.

"I told you I went to a long day of work, can I just go to bed?" you pleaded.

"Fine. But give me a goodnight kiss first," your boyfriend demanded. You stood up on your tip toes and gave him a quick peck. You walked around him, only for him to grab your shoulder and throw you against the wall. "I said kiss, not a stupid pathetic peck," your abusive boyfriend stated. He forcefully shoved his tongue down your throat. You allowed him to do so, although everything in your body was telling you to push him away. He smirked down at you. "Now see, that wasn't so bad," he smirked before his face turned dark. Pushing you towards the staircase, he walked out of the house. "When I come back, I expect you to be asleep in bed, got it?"

"Yes," you gulped, knowing full well what would happen if you didn't. Watching him drive away relieved you. You sighed and walked upstairs. Changing out of your work clothes you called Alex. He was your best friend since sixth grade and you always called him whenever Riley, your boyfriend, would get physical. You never told him what happened though.

"Princess (Y/N), so nice of you to call one of the commoners," Alex joked, picking up the phone. You smiled at the nickname. Alex had given it to you when you guys were in sixth grade because you had given a presentation on Princess Diana. You had made a tiara that was a replica of her own and wore it for the presentation. When it got stuck in your hair, Alex claimed that it was because you were a princess, and princesses shouldn't have to take of their tiaras for anyone. You had to cut it out of your hair and Alex had been there by your side, defending you against any kid that dared to make fun of your hair cut.

You two had been best friends since. "Of course, tell me peasant, what's going on in the Kingdom of Arsenal?" you returned in a posh accent.

"Training, as usual madam. Did you watch the game yesterday?" Alex asked, excited. You smiled at his childishness.

"No, Riley and I were out shopping for kitchen stuff then," you lied. In reality, Riley prevented you from watching any Arsenal games or anything that remotely involved Alex.

"Speaking of Riley, how is he?" Alex questioned, though it sounded forced and not very sincere. Alex and Riley didn't quite get along.

"He's good," you stated.

"How's he treating you?"

"Just fine," you lied through your teeth. Riley threatened to beat you within an inch of your life if you ever told anyone about what happened between the two of you.

"Why don't we FaceTime, I haven't seen your gorgeous face in forever?" Alex complimented, making you blush.

"Sure, just a sec," you smiled, clicking on the FaceTime app. Alex's face soon appeared on the screen.

"Ah, see. Now I can sleep at night because I've seen the beautiful Princess (Y/N)," Alex smiled.

"Ah stop it, peasant," you bantered back, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. Alex's smile dropped from his face.

"What's that mark on your neck, (Y/N)? It looks like a . . . hand mark," Alex frowned.

"It's nothing," you stuttered, covering the bruise with your hand.