Marco Reus [~] Bubble Bath

For Cheyenne Shade:

You and Marco had happily welcomed your son into the world nearly three years ago. Since then both of your lives had turned from busy to hectic chaos that was unpredictable. Marco would be called to the international level suddenly and sporadically, leaving you home with your son since Marco couldn't take your son with him.

You, however, were not completely free either. You still had your own job that was highly stressful. You had enrolled your son in a daycare center whenever Marco was gone and you had to work. You were nervous every time you left him there, worrying that some kid would bite him or sneeze on him and get him sick. Your sister told you that the daycare center was more than capable of keeping your son safe over the phone as you rushed to work.

You clocked in and hopped into the elevator, looking in the mirror on the elevator. Your bun was falling out and your make up was smudged. You had slept through your alarm this morning and had to rush to get your son to daycare and you to work. You sighed and redid your bun as you reached your floor. Walking out of the elevator, you headed straight for your office, immediately logging onto the computer.

As you waited for it to load, you fixed your make up to the best of your ability. A knock at the door alerted you to your boss' presence. Straightening up, you greeted your boss. His grunted in greeting before plopping a packet roughly the size of War and Peace on your desk, shaking it from its weight. "On my desk by Monday," he stated before walking out of your office. You slumped in your seat and started your work. It was nearly three o'clock when you got an incoming phone call from Marco.

"Hello?" you asked, focusing on your work. You had eaten lunch quickly in your office and were starving and half asleep.

"I just landed. I'm heading over to pick up our son. Do you need anything?" he questioned.

"No, I might be home late, Marco. I have a lot of work to do," you sighed, flipping to the next page in the packet. Honestly, how did your boss have enough time to print it out let alone expect you to be able to complete it by the end of the week?

"You sure? And you sound tired, sweetheart. Maybe you should take a break," Marco said, sounding concerned.

"I'm fine. Love you," you replied.

"Love you too. See you tonight," Marco responded. You hung up the phone and continued working. You decided to take a short break. You walked down to the cafeteria, grabbing an espresso and a wrap. You hopped back onto the elevator and walked back to your office. You were barely a quarter way done with the packet when your boss knocked on your door again.

"Quitting time," he paused, looking at the open packet on your desk. "Good, you're making some progress. Remember, I want it done by Monday." You nodded and yawned, shutting down your computer and shoving the mammoth packet into a desk drawer. Shrugging on your coat, you shuffled down to your car. Unlocking the door, you swung into the driver's seat. You started the car and drove off in the dark Dortmund streets. Pulling into your driveway, you saw that the lights were still on.

It was past your son's bed time and you knew Marco was more than capable of getting your son to bed at the time you had both established. You opened the front door, locking it behind you. Kicking off your shoes, you trudged up the stairs. You walked into your and Marco's shared bedroom, expecting him to be in bed. He wasn't there, making you frown.

You trudged over to your son's room, which was heavily decorated with Dortmund merchandise, and looked around for your son and his father. Neither were present in the room, which strengthened your worry. "Marco! (Y/S/N)! Where are you guys?" you called throughout the house. Giggling made you turn around. Marco, your son on his shoulders, was standing right behind you. "There you boys are, I was worried," you sighed, kissing Marco and your son. "And (Y/S/N), it's past your bedtime," you chided. Marco let your son down.

"I would have gotten him to bed but he wanted to see your reaction," Marco explained.

"My reaction to what?" you asked, confused as to what your husband was talking about. Marco and your son shared glances before they both pulled you towards your bedroom. Adjacent to your and Marco's bedroom was the master bathroom, frankly your favorite room in the house. "What are you two boys doing?"

"It's a surprise," your son whispered, pushing the door back. You smiled tiredly at the sight. In your big bathtub, there was a freshly drawn bubble bath, complete with a mass amount of bubbles. A few candles were lit around the room, giving off a variety of scents.

"You've been working so hard, we thought you deserved a little relaxation for once. We don't want you working yourself to death, now do we?" Marco joked, grabbing your son's hand. "We'll let you get comfortable." Marco closed the door behind him. Peeling off your work clothes, you cautiously entering the warm water. You sighed in relief as the water already calmed your muscles down. Leaning back and closing your eyes, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," you smiled. Your son trotted into the room, giving you a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Nighty night, mommy," he said before Marco picked him up and took him out of the room. Marco returned later, reporting that your son was sound asleep in his room. Marco kissed your head softly before straightening up.

"You don't have to go to work, tomorrow," he stated.

"Of course I have to go to work, I still have a huge project to work on," you replied, peeking up at your husband.

"I pulled a few strings with your boss. I'll have to show up to his kid's birthday party but you have tomorrow off," Marco laughed. You rolled your eyes at your husband before smiling up at him again.

"Thank you."

"I think you deserve it. You've been swamped with stuff since I left for the national team. It's the least I could do," Marco said. Sitting down in a chair, Marco smirked suddenly. "If I remember correctly, our son was conceived in that tub," Marco winked, wiggling his eye brows.

"Don't even think about it, Reus," you jokingly warned.

"Maybe tomorrow then, take all the time you need," Marco smiled once more, kissing you before leaving for the bedroom.

A.N. Hey guys! Thank you for your continued support as I continue to write imagines! From this Saturday to next Saturday-ish I'll be on vacation and I won't have any access to internet. You guys can still request and requests are currently open but after this Friday, I won't be posting much because I'll be on vacation. Thanks!