Marco Reus [~] A Drunk Erik Durm

For sophiahoran12345: Marco Reus

Sophia and Marco were the 'it' couple of Germany. There were the iconic relationships between footballers and the women they chose to stand by their side. Like the Beckham's or Shakira and Gerard Piqué. You would think that their meeting then, as they were both famous and figures in the world's media, would be more romantic or formalized.

But, nope. That is not quite the story that the two were fond of telling. Borussia Dortmund was having its annual end-of-season party. So, it was of no surprise that Marco would be there. Sophia was also there, being Erik Durm's best friend. Each player was allowed to bring a date. As Erik was single, he decided to drag Sophia along.

The two best friends had met when Sophia had shown up to the World Cup final. She had gotten the opportunity to meet all of the guys and her and Erik immediately clicked. Bets were placed on when they would get together but Sophia just viewed Erik as a younger brother, and Erik likewise thought of Sophia as an older sister, so they never got together.

Marco was, unfortunately, not able to go to the World Cup due to injury and therefore hadn't met Sophia. So when Erik walked into the room with Sophia by his side, Marco immediately assumed that they were dating. They weren't holding hands or anything, but their close proximity caused Marco to assume that they were an item.

Marco, alone at the party because he didn't have a date, got up to go meet the woman beside one of his close friends and teammates. "Erik, are you going to introduce us to your date?" he smiled, walking over to the two.

"Oh, this is Sophia," Erik introduced. "Sophia, this is Marco."

"Nice to meet you," Sophia nodded, her dazzling white smile capturing Marco's attention meanwhile.

"The pleasure's all mine," Marco returned, smiling at Sophia. In Marco's head, he berated himself for looking at Sophia, whom he still assumed was Erik's girlfriend or the like, in the semi-lustrous way he was. "You can't just go after teammates' girls, Marco," he reminded himself. Sophia was oblivious to his internal struggle as she was left alone when Erik went to go grab drinks. "So what do you do?"

"Oh, you don't recognize me?" Sophia asked curiously. Tilting his head to the side, adorably so according to Sophia, he studied Sophia's face once more.

"You're not that Sophia, are you? The international singer/song writer one, I mean," Marco questioned, partially amused and partially confused.

"That would be me," Sophia confirmed.

"No offence to my teammate Erik or anything, but how did the two of you ever meet?"

"Oh, I met the whole German national team at the World Cup," Sophia stated, noticing the wince that overtook Marco's features at the mention of the World Cup. "Sorry about that, didn't mean to bring up bad memories or anything."

"No, it's okay. Just wasn't expecting it," Marco shrugged. A silence settled over the two of them until Sophia broke it.

"That was a beautiful goal you scored the other day, in the last game," Sophia commented.

"Thanks, I just got a really good cross. The work was mostly done for me at that point," Marco smiled. "Would you like to grab a drink?"

"I'd love that," Sophia smiled widely, allowing Marco to lead the way over to the drinks table. Sophia got a non-alcoholic beverage, as did Marco, not wanting to sputter out strange things at Sophia just because he was intoxicated. The two walked away from the drinks table and over the corner, where they sat across from each other at one of the tables that was set out.

"So how long have you and Erik been going out for?" Marco questioned. Sophia's eyes widened and she almost spit out her drink, causing her to start to cough violently. Marco patted her back, as she was able to regain her breath.

"Sorry, it's just that me and Erik aren't dating," Sophia explained.

"You're not?" Marco said, surprised and a little relieved.

"Oh no, please. Erik's a great guy and all but he's like a brother to me. We're just best friends, that's it. Everyone thinks that we're dating but I've never felt feelings like that for him," Sophia responded.

"Sorry I asked, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Marco stated.

"Oh it's not a problem. I've been asked that question thousands of times by fans and interviewers and everyone else. I'm just kind of used to it now," Sophia answered truthfully. "Well, what about you? No pretty girl on your arm?"

"No," Marco chuckled. "Not for a while now." The two talked the night away, not even noticing how the crowd around them slowly, but surely, started to get wobbly on their feet. A good portion of the people were drunk in some way or form, which included Erik Durm. He stumbled over to Sophia's and Marco's table.

"Hey," he slurred, resting a hand on the table and he leaned forward.

"Hey," Marco and Sophia laughed, noticing the state their friend was in.

"Ready to go? I have to . . . have to . . ." Erik rambled on. His stumbling words slowly stopped. His arm on the table, the one holding him up started to wobble.

"Maybe you should sit down, buddy," Marco suggested, noticing Erik start to tip to the side.

"I'm fine," Erik insisted before he slowly fell over and onto the floor. Sophia and Marco scrambled up, to make sure he was okay.

"He's fine. He just passed out," Marco stated.

"And this is why I don't go out drinking, especially with him," Sophia pointed to their comrade. "Now I'm going to have to drag his ass out of here and to the car," she muttered, rolling her eyes.

"Let me help you," Marco insisted, helping pull Erik into a sitting position. Although Marco and Sophia were shorter than Erik, the two made a good tag team.

"I want to go to bed, Mommy," Erik whined, having woken up and clinging to Sophia's leg like a two-year-old.

"We can, but you have to work with Mommy," Sophia replied. Erik nodded and stuck his thumb in his mouth, falling back asleep and backwards. Marco chuckled as he righted Erik again. With Marco and Sophia under Erik's arms, the two were able to lift the defender into a standing position. Dragging him through the party towards the exit, Sophia's heel snapped, resulting in her falling to the ground, with Erik landing right on top of her. "Get this oaf off me," Sophia growled, trying to push Erik off of her. With help from Marco, she was able to wiggle out from underneath him.

Yanking off her heels, Sophia shoved them into her large purse. "I have a new idea," Marco pitched. "Why don't you grab his arms, I'll get his legs?"

"Sounds good." Positioning themselves properly, Marco and Sophia carried Erik out of the party, accidently hitting his head on the ground once but what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him. Reaching Erik's car, both gently lowered him to the ground. Sophia unlocked the car and Marco shoved him into the passenger's seat.

"Well that was fun and exhausting at the same time," Marco joked.

"Indeed it was," Sophia agreed. "I should take him home. Thanks for the help, Marco. Hopefully, I'll see you around."

"Yeah. But would you want to swap numbers, in case you have to drag another drunk friend home and need help?"

"I'd like that," Sophia smiled. They exchanged phone numbers before Marco saw the taillights of Erik's car disappear into the darkness of a Dortmund night.