Alexis Sanchez [~] Second Chance

You and Alexis had met five years ago. You two dated for a year and a half before getting married. It seemed like you had a fairytale life together. You soon found out that you were pregnant with yours and Alexis's first child. Nine months later, you delivered a healthy baby boy. He looked just like his father.

            Around the time you son turned two years old, you and Alexis started to drift a part. You both grew busy; him with football and you with your own job. You barely spoke to each other after your son was born. Anger and resentment grew on both sides until you both exploded one night. After the divorce papers were signed, you retained primary care of your son, though you had to give Alexis a certain amount of days with your son if a custody battle was to be avoided. 

            Which explained your current predicament. Resting your son on your hip, eyeing the luggage and car seat in front of you, you dialed Alexis's number. "Hello?"

            "We're leaving soon, just got to the airport," you stated. 

            "Okay, what time does your flight land?" He asked. 

            "Ten o'clock, unless we hit turbulence," you replied. 

            "Ok, see you then. Bye."

            "Bye," you sighed. The two of you could now remain in a room without killing each other. More contact than that though was pushing it. "Let's go see Papa," you told your son. The plane ride was uneventful except for when the stewardess and you argued over your son's car seat placement. You landed in London, England on time.

            Trying not to wake your sleepy son, you shuffled to the luggage claim and grabbed your luggage. You texted Alexis that you were here and waited at the entrance for your ex-husband. Pulling up in a car with tinted windows, your ex-boyfriend hopped out. "How was your flight?" he asked. 

            "Stewardess gave me a hard time but it was fine," you replied. As Alexis loaded your luggage into the back, you situated your son in the backseat. Still sleeping, your son remained quiet throughout the ride. You and Alexis exchanged small talk. He asked you about your job and you asked him about his, even though you and your son watched almost every single Arsenal game of the season that was televised.

            "How's (Y/S/N)" Alexis asked, pulling onto the highway.

            "He's good. Kicked around a football a few times; says he loves it," you replied, playing with your fingers. Peeking at Alexis, you could see the Chilean cracking a smile at the thought of his son playing football.

            "That's good. And you, how are you?" he asked.

            "I'm good. Works busy and all but it is fun for me," you stated. "How are you, Alexis?"

            "Arsenal is great. I love it here. But, I do miss (Y/S/N) . . . and you sometimes," he responded, whispering the second half. You nodded, staring out at the road in front of you. An audible yawn was heard from the backseat and you turned around to see your son wake up.