Jesus Navas [~] Seeing Blue

Jesus was practicing football in the park one day when he had met you. You immediately stood out to him. Unlike the other girls, you hadn't seemed to put that much effort into your outfit or your hair. He didn't see any noticeable make up on your face as you sat down at a park bench, big sunglasses on your face. He stopped practicing and decided to introduce himself. He sat next to you, offering his hand for you to shake. "Hello. I'm Jesus, what's your name?" he asked softly.

"I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you," you replied. But, you didn't take his hand and shake it. Confused, Jesus retracted his hand. You hadn't even turned your head from staring straight in front of you. Sensing his confusion, you explained. "I'm sorry if I come off as odd. I just can't see," you had explained.

"You can't see?"

"I was born completely blind, so no. I can't see," you joked, used to the disability by this point in your life. "If you have any blind jokes, now would be the time to say them."

"Why would I make blind jokes?" Jesus questioned.

"That's what most people do. I've just gotten used to it," you shrugged.

"I'm sorry you've had to deal with that."

"It doesn't bother me as much as it used to."

"Do you want to grab ice cream or something? It's awfully hot outside," Jesus offered.

"Sure, lead the way," you responded. Jesus grabbed your hand and led you slowly through the park over to an ice cream stand.

 "What flavor would you like?"

"Could you read the flavors to me?" Jesus listed all the flavors and you picked your choice. Jesus paid for the both of your ice cream and led you to a table off to the side. "So, tell me about yourself."

"I play football for Manchester City and Spain," Jesus stated.

"My brother explained to me the rules of football so I kind of understand it."

"What do you do?"

"I teach other blind kids. You know, giving back," you smiled.

 "That sounds very rewarding," Jesus commented.

 "It is. I love it so much," you replied. You and Jesus continued to talk until you had to part ways. You exchanged numbers and Jesus promised to call you. The two of you went on several dates before Jesus officially asked you to be his girlfriend. The press had taken to calling you a charity case, which pissed Jesus off beyond words.

 You always calmed him down and soothed him. You didn't have to talk to him or do anything really. If you just wrapped your arms around his torso, he would instantly calm down and let out a deep breath. You attended Jesus' matches, even though your understanding of what was happening on the pitch was greatly limited by your disability. As the two of you got older, Jesus started to realize that you were the girl that he wanted to marry and spend the rest of his life with.

 He asked your father for permission. Your father was more than supportive of your relationship after seeing how protective and gentle Jesus was around you. Your family was apprehensive to your relationship when the two of you had started to go out but it faded away instantly when you introduced Jesus to them. Jesus asked you to marry him on your anniversary, while the two of you slow danced to your favorite song. You instantly said yes.

You got married in a small chapel in Spain. You and Jesus didn't care much about how the ceremony looked, all that mattered was that the two of you got married. You picked out a simple A-line dress. Without anyone else's advice, you decided to not wear your sunglasses during your wedding. You had brown eyes, even though you couldn't see out of them. Jesus had seen you without your glasses before and he claimed you looked even more beautiful without them because they 'obstructed my view of your beautiful face for far too long.'

 The ceremony was beautiful and the two of you were the happiest newlyweds on the planet. When you got back from your honeymoon, you and Jesus discussed having kids together. At the same time, you got a call from your eye doctor. It had been a dreary Tuesday in Manchester. You were home alone. Jesus was at practice. The phone rang and you went to grab it. Hitting the green button, which you had memorized the location of, you answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, (Y/N), this is Dr. Michael. I have some news that you might be interested in," he replied.

 "What kind of news?"

"Well, your particular type of blindness is due to a birth defect. Due to intense research, a new trial has come out that has been tested and approved. It can cure your blindness, to what degree is dependent on your cooperativeness," your doctor stated. You were shocked.

  "Can I call you back later with my decision?" you sighed.

"Yes, call me whenever," your doctor responded, hanging up afterwards. You set the phone down and took off your glasses. Life with sight? Where you could actually see things for once? Your world had been forever dark, would it be right to suddenly bring light to it? You sat at the table, pondering what you were going to do when Jesus opened the front door.

"I'm home!" he shouted. "Where are you?"

"Kitchen," you told him, straightening up.

"Hey, you okay?" Jesus asked, putting his hands reassuringly on your shoulders.

"Yeah. My doctor just called me. I might be able to gain my sight back," you choked out, unsure of how Jesus was going to react.

"What do you mean might?"

"There's a trial going on. It, reportedly, cures my kind of blindness."

"Are you going to do it?"

"I don't know. What do you think I should do?" you questioned, sighing heavily.

"I think you should do whatever you want to do. It's your choice. Just know that I'm behind you, no matter what," Jesus added, kissing your hands. After a week beating yourself up about it, you finally reached a decision. A month later, your surgery had been completed and you were waiting for the reveal, to see if it worked.

"Mrs. Navas, your husband's here," Dr. Michael stated. You could hear the door shut. "Are you ready?" Dr. Michael asked. You nodded. Jesus grabbed your hand and you squeezed it as the doctor started to unravel the tape. You could start to see light peek through the remaining band aids. "Close your eyes." You followed the instructions, feeling the last of the band aids leaving your face. "Open them whenever you're ready."

"I'm right here, (Y/N)," Jesus said as your hands started to quiver. Slowly peeling open your eyes, the first thing you ever saw in your life was Jesus's clear blue eyes.