Alvaro Morata [~] A Comforting Hug

For Ceptio: Alvaro Morata

Cerella was in the dining room, setting up the table for dinner, when Alvaro burst through the front door, a scowl on his face. He kicked off his shoes and dropped his bag onto the ground unceremoniously before flopping onto the nearby couch. Cerella was concerned with Alvaro's actions, which were unlike how he usually acted when he came home.

Walking over, Cerella placed a light hand on Alvaro's shoulder. "Are you okay, Alvaro?" she asked quietly.

"No," he mumbled into the pillow. He sat upright and looked at Cerella. "I just had one of the worst days of training ever."

"Why? Did you guys have to do a really hard work out or something?"

"Well, yeah, we always do. And I got into a fight with Allegri over when and where to take shots in a game setting and then it all kind of came crashing down," Alvaro sighed, flopping onto his back. "I'm just exhausted and pissed off so much right now."

"Do you want me to make you anything special to eat tonight, Alvaro? Anything to cheer you up?" Cerella questioned.

"No thank you," Alvaro said stiffly, still staring at the ceiling. "I just want to have a freaking day off and to not have everyone criticize my goal scoring techniques."

"Alvaro—"

"—And what right to people have to criticize how I score goals? I score enough and I win us a few games because of them, so why's everyone complaining," Alvaro spat. Cerella could see the anger in his eyes and she knew that he was soon reaching his boiling over point.

"Alvaro, maybe you should just—"

"—And they were the ones who freaking came after me asking for my signature and everything. If they didn't like the way I scored, why the hell were they asking for me to play for their team? More like begging for me to join them!" Alvaro stated, his voice slowly getting louder and louder. Alvaro sat up and threw the pillow across the room, luckily not hitting anything in the process of doing so.

Cerella shrunk a bit, seeing Alvaro so angry, but she knew that Alvaro was the type of person that once they reach a certain point in their anger, they just break down and cry. She knew that there was no point in trying to coax him through words to calm down, he would just retaliate or turn on her. So, Cerella would just have to bide her time for a bit, and by the intensity of Alvaro's angry glare, she wouldn't have to wait much longer.

"I'm just so f-ing fed up with everything!" Alvaro shouted, before sitting down on the couch, head in his hands. Cerella scooted over and pulled Alvaro's head to her chest before hugging him tightly. She could feel the tears flowing down his cheeks and onto her shirt, but she didn't care. Right now, the only thing that mattered to her was getting Alvaro to calm down and not be angry anymore.

Slowly, she ran her hands through Alvaro's hair, knowing that the action usually helped to calm him down. As she ran her hand through Alvaro's hair, the tears started to slow and Alvaro stopped shaking. Cerella and Alvaro just sat like that for a minute as Alvaro tried to collect himself once again. Cerella kept running her hands through his hair until Alvaro sat up.

His cheeks were red, as were his eyes, and the tear tracks could be seen on his face. "I'm sorry for crying over this. I'm just so exhausted and . . . everyone just kind of pissed me off about the goals, and I guess I just reached my final breaking point. And I'm sorry you were the one that had to help me calm down. You didn't deserve that," Alvaro sighed.

"That's what being your girlfriend entails, Alvaro. When I get super pissed off about something that happened at my work, you're right there to comfort me. I'm just returning the favor," Cerella smiled, reaching to grab a few tissues on the coffee table. "Now dry those eyes, because I hate seeing you cry over anything or anyone."

Alvaro took the tissues from Cerella's hand and leaned over and gave her a peck on the lips. "Thank you," he sighed.

"You're welcome. When you're finished cleaning up, dinner's ready and I'll be putting it out on the table soon," Cerella informed Alvaro, before standing up and walking back into the kitchen to grab the food. As she placed it on the table, Alvaro exited the bathroom, having washed his face of the tear tracks, and helped her set up.

The two sat down across from each other, enjoying the meal. They talked quietly about things, carefully tip toeing around the subject of Alvaro's training today, lest they have a recap of what happened earlier. After they finished dinner, Alvaro put away the left overs as Cerella put the dishes into the sink. Cleaning the dishes, Cerella felt two arms surround her waist and a chin on her right shoulder. She smiled at Alvaro's actions and finished the dishes before Alvaro spun her around.

"I love you. And thank you for caring for me back there, I really appreciate it," Alvaro whispered into her ear.

"I love you too, Alvaro. And you would do the same for me," Cerella whispered back into Alvaro's ear. Cerella wrapped her arms around Alvaro's neck as he lifted her up. Repositioning his arms, Alvaro leaned in and the two shared an emotional kiss. Alvaro walked towards their bedroom, Cerella still in his arms, and kicked the door shut behind him.

The next day, the players were given the day off due to the weather conditions, and partially due to the fact that the training field was mostly flooded by the rains of the night before. So, Alvaro and Cerella spent the whole day in bed, just cuddling and talking about anything that came to mind.