Sergi Roberto [~] One More Chance

A.N. Just realized I had two different Sergi Roberto request, so sorry for the confusion. This one is for MaleenMalik, the next one will be for gustins. Sorry for the mix up again! My request order is currently as follows: DeAndre Yedlin, Eden Hazard, Marc Bartra, Sergi Roberto, Neymar (part 2), Aleksandar Mitrovic, and Robert Lewandowski. Requests are closed 8/20, just a reminder!

For MaleenMalik: Sergi Roberto

Maleen was walking through the familiar streets of Barcelona when she decided to get a drink. The sun was blistering and the air was thick and heavy with heat and moisture. Walking into a small café, Maleen got in line to order. After she had, she waited patiently for the barista to make her drink. Grabbing the drink off the counter, Maleen walked over to one of the unoccupied, small tables in the corner.

Pulling out her phone, Maleen scrolled through her email to see if she got any updates from work. It was her day off, but it was never really a full day off unless you were half way across the world. "Can I sit here, everywhere else is taken?" came a familiar voice. Looking up, Maleen locked eyes with Sergi Roberto, also known as her ex-boyfriend she hadn't seen in nearly two years.

"You can sit here," Maleen confirmed as recognition passed across Sergi's face.

"Maleen? Is that you?" Sergi asked.

"In the flesh," Maleen chuckled.

"How have you been? I haven't seen you in . . . nearly two years," Sergi stated. "When we broke up . . ."

"I've been good. I see you've grown out your hair a bit," Maleen commented, staring at Sergi's curls as she sipped on her drink.

"Yeah, I might cut it soon though."

"I always liked it longer," Maleen mumbled to herself, remembering the days when she and Sergi were still dating. They had originally met through mutual friends and had seemingly hit it off straight away. Two years together were great until one night everyone just lost it. Things were thrown about and the relationship crumbled into nothing. "So, how's Barcelona? Congrats on the treble win, by the way."

"We're alright," Sergi shrugged. "How's work? I always remember that I had to wrestle that phone out of your hand whenever we were dating."

"As busy as ever. I got promoted twice since we've last saw each other," Maleen replied.

"Congrats on that then . . ."

"Thanks. . . ." An awkward silence drifted between Maleen and Sergi until Sergi decided to finally tell Maleen how he felt about the whole situation between the two of them.

"Look, Maleen. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings on that night two years ago. I was just stressed out because I was going to get more playing time with the Barcelona squad and I felt like I had a lot of pressure on me to perform. I know your work was stressing you out too and that everything just kind of came crumbling down one night. But, I still love you, I've never stopped, really. And I'm asking for forgiveness and a second chance," Sergi stated, leaning back in his chair after he had finished speaking.

Maleen stared at him wide eyed for a moment, suddenly speechless and trying to get her brain to function properly once more. All she could think of was the tugging in her heart. She closed her eyes and placed her head in her hands. "Sergi . . ."

"I know it's a little sudden and very forward, Maleen. But, for the past two years I've been trying to figure out why it all went wrong and why I felt like I quit the relationship. I don't like to quit anything, Maleen, our relationship included."

"Sergi, I love you, I really do care about you. But . . . our relationship didn't work out for a reason. Maybe we're not as compatible as we think we are for each other," Maleen sighed, standing and grabbing her things. "Good bye, Sergi."

"Maleen, wait." Maleen stopped in her tracks and faced the man she loved, still loves. "One date. That's all I'm asking. After that date, you can run like the wind away from me, at least I'd be able to sleep easy knowing that I didn't fully give up on the woman I love." Sighing and rubbing her face once more, Maleen turned back to Sergi.

"One date. That's it," Maleen stated before walking out of the small café. The day of their date came and Maleen walked out of her home to see Sergi standing on the sidewalk.

"We're walking everywhere, if that's okay with you," Sergi said.

"It's fine," Maleen replied. Sergi nodded before leading the way towards the heart of Barcelona. Sergi crossed the street and walked along the central Barcelona Park. Walking into the park, memories started to flow. Sergi walked around a tree and Maleen followed. Realizing the place, Maleen gasped.

"This is where we first met. Marc had forced me to come with him to see you and your friend. When we got here, we only saw your friend. Then you jumped down from the tree, and nearly caused me to fall backwards in surprise," Sergi chuckled at the memory, causing Maleen to do so as well. "C'mon, there's still more to see."

Sergi led her through Barcelona, stopping at certain spots that had a high significance to their relationship. They stopped at the scene of their first kiss, first date, all the dates within Barcelona, where they had kissed in the street that one New Year's Eve, where he asked Maleen to be his girlfriend, etc. Finally, they walked to a familiar looking grove of trees within one of the parks.

Memories started to flash in Maleen's mind as they walked further through the trees. The sky had grown darker as the sun set when Maleen and Sergi reached the center of the grove. A picnic basket was placed on the ground and a blanket was spread out for them. Maleen smiled and allowed Sergi to help her down into a sitting position. Sergi pulled out what looked like takeout food. "It's what we ordered on our last date together," Sergi informed, handing Maleen her box. Opening the Styrofoam box, Maleen smiled at the exact replica of the meal she had ordered all those months ago.

After they ate, Sergi and Maleen laid side by side on the ground, looking up at the stars. "Thank you for going along with this date, Maleen, it means a lot to me," Sergi said.

"It's no problem. I had a lot of fun actually, relived through a lot of memories," Maleen replied.

"So, will you give our relationship a second try? It's perfectly okay if you don't want to. I get it that there's a lot of things still weighing on your mind and that I kind of just added to the memories and thoughts by dragging you through Barcelona today, but—" Sergi rambled. His rambling was cut short by a pair of soft lips on his own.

"You talk too much," Maleen smiled. Sergi smiled as well before reconnecting his lips with her own lips in a passionate kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes," Sergi chuckled, before Maleen pulled him down by his shirt into another kiss.