Lionel Messi [~] Backyard Water Park

For THEO:

Your husband opened the door. You could hear his bag drop to the ground. Thiago was coloring at the table as you sat doing work. "Hello, amor," Leo smiled, kissing you before kissing Thiago on the head. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard, filling it with water.

"Do you have anything tomorrow?" you asked, looking up from your laptop.

"No. We got the day off tomorrow," Leo replied. "Why?"

"I just wanted to spend time together. Just the three of us. You know, before this one pops out," you stated, rubbing your pregnant belly.

"Sure, what did you have planned?" Leo questioned, sitting next to Thiago who was too busy coloring to pay attention.

"I didn't really have anything set in stone. I just don't want it to be paparazzi central wherever we go," you commented. With your progressing pregnancy, paparazzi was getting progressively annoying. They had always chased you around, it came with being married to arguably the most successful footballer in the world. You had grown used to it but pregnancy made your patience fray to nearly nothing, especially if it was hot out.

"Ice cream!" Thiago shouted. You rolled your eyes playfully at your son.

"Sure, we'll get ice cream, Thiago. But where are we going to go the rest of the day?" Leo smiled at his son. Thiago shrugged his shoulders and continued coloring, making you and Leo laugh.

"The beach?"

"Too crowded. Remember going there when I was pregnant with Thiago?" you pointed out, remembering how large crowds, combined with an overprotective husband and a baby on the way hadn't gone so well. You decided to not dwell on the past but didn't want a repeat.

"It's too hot to do much of anything else," Leo sighed.

"We could go to the water park," Thiago said.

"And what water park would we go to?"

"Good point," you added. "Hmm, well we could make our own water park in the backyard," you mumbled.

"Not a bad idea."

"We used to do that back home, right? No one got hurt too bad," you remembered, except for one kid who thought doing a back flip into a kiddy pool was a good idea. Leo went out that night and had bought a mini pool, the transportable toddler type, and you pulled out some old tarps in the basement. Going to a water park or the beach was a sure way of getting caught by paparazzi and being mobbed by people, which is not what you or Leo really wanted. You both wanted just a quiet afternoon with your son as you prepared for the birth of your second child.

You woke up the next morning. Leo went to the backyard to set up the makeshift "Water Park" as you made breakfast for the three of you. Thiago trudged into the kitchen, holding onto your leg. "Water Park?"

"Papa's setting it up as we speak. Eat your breakfast and them we can change," you stated, handing your son his breakfast as he toddled to the table. You put his plate on the table for him and picked him up and sat him on the chair. Leo walked in, slightly drenched but smiling.

"It's ready," he said, coming over and kissing your forehead.

"Eat breakfast. I'm going to change and then we can go out," you smiled, kissing your husband back, handing him a plate. You walked upstairs to change, pulling on a bikini. You passed Leo and Thiago on the way downstairs. Thiago slowly climbed down the stairs until you picked him up and carried him the rest of the way down. You rested him on your hip as Leo exited your bathroom.

"Ready?" he asked, his eyes twinkling like a little kid's would on Christmas. You nodded and smiled, allowing Leo to take Thiago and lead the three of you out of your house. You gasped at what you saw. Your backyard in Barcelona was not the biggest but it had a slight hill from the house to the edge of your property. It was hardly a drop but put some slicked tarps over it and add water, it'll become a water slide suitable for a toddler. The small pool was set up in the corner, water and water toys already in it. Leo grabbed the hose and turned it on, placing it on the edge of the tarp line. "You want to go, Thiago?"

Your son looked at the slide before attaching himself to your leg. "Watch Papa," you said, kneeling down. Leo went down first, at a very slow pace you might add, before jogging back up the small decline. "You want to go with Papa?" Thiago nodded before hesitantly allowing his father to place him on Leo's lap. They went down slowly and you could hear Thiago laughing up a storm from a mile away.

"Again!" As the sun came out and it heated up a bit, you sat in the kiddy pool as Thiago and Leo skidded down the makeshift slide again and again. Leo looked almost put out when Thiago raised his chubby little arms and shouted, "Again!" once more. Leo smiled and carried Thiago up the hill again, sliding down once more. "Again!"

"Let Papa have a rest, Thiago. He's not as young as he used to be," you joked, helping your son into the kiddy pool as your husband splashed you with water, causing you to squeal. Leo and Thiago sat in the pool with you, the latter, having taken after his father, decided it would be fun to splash you and Leo with the water in the pool. You laughed and grabbed your son, tickling him in your arms. He giggled as you splashed him back. "How does that feel?"

"Stop Mommy! Lo siento!" Thiago said in between giggles. You kissed his head and set him back in the pool.

"No one messes with Mommy and gets away with it," you winked. In response, Leo splashed you. You splashed him back and once again the splash war had started up again amongst the Messi family. You got out of the pool, laughing and sputtering at the same time when you were hit from behind with a water balloon.

"Woops," Leo feigned innocence as he held a bucket full of them in one hand. He threw another one at you, which you sidestepped.

"At least you're not a baseball player," you teased. Leo laughed along with you as Thiago grabbed one and smashed it on his father's head. "Pay back!" You eventually ran out of water balloons after several rounds and the summer warmth was slowly depleted as the sun started to set. Leo emptied out the pool before joining you and Thiago in the house. You and Leo bathed Thiago before putting him to bed. His energy had run out and he snored lightly in his bed as you and Leo made your way to your bedroom. "That was fun," you stated.

"The next time we do that, I'll have two little devils to worry about," Leo smiled, kissing your belly.

"I don't know what you're talking about. Leo and you ganged up on me, I'm the victim here!" you joked as Leo kissed you.

"Well then, next time it'll be fair, two on two," Leo replied, rubbing your belly. Your unborn child kicked as they felt their father's hand on their home.

"Great now I won't be able to fall asleep because you got this one all excited," you sighed dramatically, yawning right afterwards. Leo chuckled and led you to bed.