Neymar [~] First Cousins

For PrincessLucia: Neymar

Lucy was absolutely fuming at the moment. Her boyfriend, Neymar, was the jealous type, as everyone liked to point out. And he had gotten way too over jealous that night. They had been at a Barcelona party and Lucy was talking and laughing with Marc Bartra, who is her first cousin. Neymar thought that Marc was flirting with Lucy. So, he did what any adult would do. He stormed over, shot Marc a dirty look and told him to stop flirting with Lucy and then he proceeded to drag her out of the party and back to the car. Which explained their current predicament.

The car ride home had been dead silent. Neymar's knuckles had turned nearly white when he was gripping the steering wheel. You cut the tension with a dull knife in the car. Lucy tried to open conversation about what had happened, but Neymar refused to take his eyes off the road and kept his mouth sealed shut the entire ride.

Arriving back at their shared home, Lucy could feel the storm brewing between the two of them. They had never had a major argument before in the whole year that they had been dating, but they had their minor confrontations throughout the months, and Lucy hopped that this jealousy that Neymar had would just completely dissipate after she explained how she and Marc were related.

After Neymar parked the car in the garage, Lucy hopped out and walked up to the door. Pulling out her keys, she opened the door and walked inside, not even looking behind her. Placing her purse on the kitchen island and kicking off her shoes, Lucy turned to face Neymar, who seemed to be refusing to make eye contact with her.

"Can we talk, Neymar?" Lucy asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"We have nothing to talk about," Neymar replied stiffly, shrugging off his jacket and throwing it onto the back of one of the chairs.

"What do you mean we don't have anything to talk about? What the hell was all of that back at the party and in the car? You wouldn't look at me, you wouldn't talk to me, and you wouldn't tell me why you were so upset about the whole situation."

"You know perfectly well why I'm pissed off right now, Lucy. Don't feign innocence or pretend to not know what you did."

"No, I really don't know what the hell I did to get you this angry. Please tell me what I did so wrong that you can't even look me in the eye anymore," Lucy said, narrowing her eyes as sarcasm slipped into her voice.

"You're not funny, you know that," Neymar spat. "You and Marc, Marc and you. Wasn't it obvious?"

"No, not really, because we're—"

"—Well, it's a big deal to me, okay!? I don't like it when other guys flirt with you," Neymar stated.

"You think I like being talked to like I'm a prostitute as they continuously stare at me like I'm a piece of meat?" you asked, referring to how most guys in bars treated you, until a jealous Neymar got into the disarray and pulled you out and away from them. "And Marc wasn't talking to me like one of those drunk guys in a bar, Ney. We were talking about--"

"--I don't want to hear it, Lucy! He was flirting with you and you were flirting right back at him. I heard what your conversation was about! You were freaking complimenting his cheek bones like a preteen who's never talked to a guy before!" At this point in their conversation, or yelling match really, Lucy was getting more and more fed up with Neymar.

"It was a goddamn joke, Neymar!"

"It didn't sound like one to me!"

"Well, that's because it was an inside joke from when we were kids because we're cousins!" Lucy screamed. "We've known each other since we were in diapers! Why did you think I was at that Barcelona party when we met? I was his 'date' because his girlfriend had just dumped him!" After she finished talking, Lucy stormed upstairs, not even bothering to look behind her to see if Neymar was following her. Storming into their bedroom, Lucy slammed the door shut and jumped on the bed.

Grabbing one of the pillows, she screamed into it. Finishing her screaming for the night, Lucy turned onto her side and fell asleep, the day's events having exhausted her. Meanwhile, downstairs, Neymar sat on the couch, contemplating what he should do. He knew that when Lucy got mad, really really mad, it was best to leave her alone for a little bit before entering the dragon's lair.

Staring at his phone, Neymar clicked on a contact and put the phone to his ear. "Yes, Neymar? Are you done dragging my cousin places?" Marc joked from the other end of the phone call.

"Yeah . . . about that . . . you guys are related?"

"Yes, we're cousins," Marc replied.

"You want to elaborate on that more?"

"My mother and her mother are sisters. That would make us first cousins, Neymar," Marc said, as if he was talking to a two year old about the alphabet.

"Really?"

"I am quite sure," Marc responded.

"Ok, thank you. I have to go apologize now, bye," Neymar stated before handing up. Placing his phone on the table, Neymar walked up the stairs to his and Lucy's shared bedroom. Turning the knob gently, Neymar peeked his head in through the door to try and see where Lucy was. He found her immediately on the bed, curled up in a ball with a pillow under her head. Opening the door fully, Neymar closed it silently behind him.

Walking over to the bed, Neymar carefully sat down on the bed's edge and gently shook Lucy awake. "What? What is it?" Lucy questioned, stumbling out of her sleep.

"Lucy," Neymar said quietly. Turning her head to look at him, Lucy narrowed her eyes. "I'm sorry that I mistook you and Marc talking as flirting. I called Marc and he explained how the two of you are related. I'm sorry for doubting you." Lucy nodded before getting up off the bed. She went to change as Neymar pulled off his outer garments. Climbing into bed together, Lucy placed her head on Neymar's chest as Neymar wrapped his right arm around her. "I love you."

"I love you too. Good night," Lucy yawned before falling right back to sleep.