Marco Reus [~] Benefits of Sickness

For mariyam298:

You hated being sick. You hated the helplessness associated with sickness. You hated the gunk that just came out of you, with you having no idea of where it even came from. You hated how your stomach did a roller coaster as your temperature rose and fell like the stock market. You hated how your nose got clogged and you had to breathe through your nose to live. You hated being sick, period.

You had gone to bed feeling fine and the next day, you could barely peel your eyes open when you woke up. You had a high fever and you couldn't stop shaking. You lost your appetite completely and were relegated to the couch. Today was your first year anniversary with Marco, your boyfriend, and you were bed ridden.

Picking up your phone, you clicked on Marco's contact. Placing the phone to your ear, you waited patiently until Marco picked up the phone. "Hello my beautiful girlfriend! To what do I owe the pleasure of hearing your beautiful voice on this beautiful day," Marco said dramatically from the other end of the phone.

"I'm sick, Marco. I can't go on our date tonight, I'm sorry," you sighed into the phone, making a mental note to wash your phone screen later.

"You're sick? How bad is it?" Marco asked, worry obvious in his tone.

"I have a high fever of 103," you recited, reading off the thermometer. "I have a splitting headache and my nose is clogged beyond my abilities to clear it."

"Do you need any medicine or anything? I'm at practice but I can pick some up later and bring it over to your apartment."

"No, I don't want to get you sick, Marco," you replied, letting out a horrendous cough.

"You don't sound too good."

"Gee, thanks Reus, I appreciate it," you coughed again.

"Ok. I'll cancel the date with the restaurant. You sure that you don't want anything?" Marco questioned, still sounding unsure of whether or not you should be left by yourself while you were sick.

"I'll be fine Marco, see you later, bye. Love you," you stated, before hanging up the phone. Grabbing some old winter blankets out of the closet, you wrapped yourself in layers and sat in front of the TV. There was, of course, nothing on in the middle of the day and you were forced to watch old reruns of some sitcom that you found annoying.

A knock at your apartment door confused you. You shut off the TV and trudged over to the door. Peeking out of the peep hole, you saw your boyfriend standing out in the hallway. You opened the door, pulling him inside. "What are you doing here?" you quizzed, closing the door behind you.

"You're sick. And I'm a good boyfriend and it's our anniversary. I brought some ice cream and movies," Marco responded, basically ignoring what you had to say, as he pulled out a set of DVDs and your favorite ice cream flavor.

"I don't want to get you sick," you moaned, covering your face with your hands.

"I'll be fine. We don't have a big match until the end of the month anyways," Marco countered. You conceded to letting Marco take care of you as you still continued to recover from the sickness. Popping a movie into the DVD player, you and Marco ate ice cream as the movie played. You rested your head on his shoulder, smiling at the taste of the ice cream in your mouth.

The movie ended and you and Marco had successfully finished a tub of ice cream. Tossing it in the trash, you sneezed once more. Marco recoiled slightly before handing you the tissue box. He retook your temperature and reported that it had gone down by two degrees but you were still over a hundred degrees. Sighing, you wrapped the blankets around you again.

"What do you want to do? I have more movies if you want to watch anymore," Marco suggested, brandishing the other movies he had brought along with him. You shook your head no and patted to the seat next to you.

"I just want to cuddle," you sighed. Marco laid down and you used him and a pillow. "Thank you for taking care of me, you're the best boyfriend ever," you thanked, tugging the blanket up higher on your body.

"I already knew that," Marco wiggled his eyebrows at you. You elbowed him lightly in the stomach. "But what else was I going to do? Just let my girlfriend over here be all alone on our anniversary while she's sick?" Marco asked, wrapping his arms around you. You smiled and snuggled into his chest, accidently falling asleep. You awoke up a short time later. Marco played with your mess of hair as you slept, just admiring you as you slept in the non-creepiest way possible. You smiled up at your boyfriend. "And she awakes!"

"How long was I out for?" you yawned, stretching slightly.

"Only about an hour," Marco replied, placing a hand on your forehead. "Your fever seems to have broken though," he reported. Gently wiggling out from under you, Marco got up and went to clean off the thermometer. He placed it in your open mouth. You and Marco waited until it beeped. Pulling it out of your mouth, Marco stated your temperature aloud. "You're down to 99."

You stretched. Your throat still hurt a little bit but all the other symptoms seemed to have melted away with sleep. Your stomach growled as you sat up, blushing at its odd noises. "You wouldn't happen to have any more ice cream, would you?" you smiled innocently up at your boyfriend.

"You ate it all, but I can run out and grab something."

"Don't all innocent, Marco Reus, you ate just as much as I did," you jokingly accused, swinging your legs off the couch. Marco placed his hands on your shoulders, keeping you from getting up.

"Slow down speed demon. You still haven't fully recovered. I know I'm great medicine but I'm not that spontaneous," Marco cracked a smile, taking credit for your recovery.

"So like you to take all the credit," you rolled your eyes at him playfully. You two ended up eating some more ice cream by candle light because as Marco pointed out, it was your anniversary and candles make everything romantic. At least according to your dorky boyfriend.

A.N. Probably the last imagine of the day. See you all next next week when I get wifi back!