Bastian Schweinsteiger [~] Long Time Coming

For dearlove123: Bastian Schweinsteiger

A.N. Just found out that Bastian and Ana are engaged so congrats to them. Don't know how I feel about it but I hope they have a happy life together.

  When people asked when Cara and Bastian had first met, they were shocked when they were told that the couple met at the 2006 World Cup. It had been held in Germany, his home country. Cara was only twelve at the time of the games and had travelled to Germany with her brother and the rest of her family. Cara's brother, Cristiano Ronaldo, was confident that Portugal would do well in the World Cup. At the time, she hadn't really cared.

She was more concerned with other things at the time but her love of football started on one night, when she met her future boyfriend, Bastian Schweinsteiger. Cara had been present at the fight for third place match, between Portugal and Germany. The Germans had lost to the Italians and Portugal had lost to France.

Both sides hoped to earn back their respect. The Germans had taken over much of the stadium and Cara's Portugal shirt had stuck out amongst the German colors. Her excitement to see her brother, who was at the time only making his debut for the Portugal, playing for their country's pride disintegrated after Bastian Schweinsteiger's two goals, followed by an assist to Petit, who got an own goal.

Cara thought it would be a blow out and she just waited for it to end. Nuno Gomes was able to get a goal before the game ended shortly afterwards. Her mother motioned for Cara to head to the field while she stayed back with the rest of Cara's family. Cara had always been closest to Cristiano, despite the age difference. He was like a father to her, after their father had died less than a year ago at that time.

She showed the pass to the guards by the edge and one of them helped her down. Cara jogged towards the field, other family members doing the same. Looking around for her brother, she backed up into a man behind her. Falling down, Cara scrambled up, turning to look up at who had knocked her over. It was the German man, the one that had scored all the goals against her country. He turned around, apologizing. Seeing Cara's Portugal shirt, he looked around for a Portuguese player to come claim her. "What's your name?" he asked.

 "Cara Aviero. I'm Cristiano's younger sister," she replied softly. "Do you see my brother?" Bastian stood up and looked around before shaking his head.

  "Let me help you find him," he offered, leading her by hand around the group. Portugal shirts mingled with the German ones but Cara couldn't find her brother's jersey. "There he is," Bastian pointed. Her brother saw Cara and walked over.

 "Thanks you finding her," Cristiano told Bastian, pulling Cara to his side.

 "It's no problem. Good game," Bastian said.

"Good game," Cristiano replied, before walking away with her. Looking over her shoulder, Cara waved good bye to the German before focusing on her brother.

Nine years later, and here she was. Once again she was in Germany and she was once again lost. "Stupid GPS. Stupid job. Stupid city. Stupid, stupid, stupid," she muttered to herself, trying to find her way around Stuttgart, with little success at all. Cara had tried asking for directions but the locals had been of no help whatsoever to her.

Cara was in Germany for a business trip. She was a photographer sent to take pictures of the grand stadiums of Germany, for a magazine her company was making. She didn't know why they had such an interest in the topic but looked forward to once again walking into the familiar stadium where she had been nine years previous. Her brother had taken Cara away from Bastian Schweinsteiger at that match, who, at that time in history, was the German wonder kid.

 He hadn't really changed looks wise, from what Cara saw in articles her company dished out. He still looked young, despite his now thirty year price tag attachment. She had read about him a few time, not because she was a stalker, but because her job put Cara directly into the world of football. And he was most definitely entrenched in that field.

Cara asked another person for directions in her still-a-work-in-progress German. The kid looked at her weirdly before running off, leaving her once again alone on the streets of Stuttgart. "They don't pay me enough to do this," she rolled her eyes, sighing at the difficulties she had dealt with.

 "Do you need help, miss?" an oddly familiar voice said from behind Cara. Turning on her heel, she came face to face with the German she was just thinking about.

 "Do you know where the Stuttgart stadium is? The one where the third place match was held during the 2006 World Cup?" Cara asked, not sure if he remembered her or not.

 "Of course. If you'd join me on a walk, I can show you the stadium," he replied.

"How far away is it?" Cara questioned, falling in step with him.

"Only over five minutes, Cara Aviero," Bastian smiled.

"You remember me, huh?" she smiled back.

"How could I not? How old were you then, if you don't mind me asking?" Bastian stared down at the ground before changing his vision of sight towards the area in front of them.

"I was twelve? Yes, twelve."

"So, that was nine years ago. You're what . . . twenty one now?"

"Yes, and you're the big three oh, yes?" Cara responded.

"Do you stalk me? Or are you just really good at guessing?" Bastian joked, pulling his coat tighter around himself as the cool air breezed by.

"A bit of both. Hard to not stalk you when half the women in my office are constantly fanning over you or other footballers. Including my brother," she gagged, much to Bastian's amusement.

 "I'll take that as flattery," Bastian chuckled.

"I'd call it obsession, but whatever works for you," Cara shrugged, sticking her hands in her coat pocket. "They absolutely stalked your relationship with that tennis girl, though," she sighed.

"Oh, we're not together anymore," Bastian muttered, obviously still sore about the subject.

"Oh. I'm sorry for bringing it up," Cara mumbled sheepishly.

"It's not a problem. I'm over it, mostly," Bastian told her.

 "So what is the most eligible bachelor in all of Germany doing in the middle of Stuttgart currently?"

"We had a match here yesterday. Didn't feel like going to interviews with the other guys so I grabbed a coffee and just wandered," he explained. Cara nodded. "What about you? I'd assume that you have some guy waiting for you back at the hotel room waiting for your phone call," Bastian continued.

"Well, my brother would appreciate a call but there's no other man in my life besides those in my family," she said honestly. Bastian suddenly stopped, smiling and looking unsure.

"This might be a bit forwards, but would you like to grab a bite to eat after you take pictures of the stadium?" he offered.

"I'd love to, Bastian."

"Maybe you should hold my hand too. You have an unbelievably impeccable ability to get lost in Stuttgart. Instead of me having to track you down and lead you to your destination for the third time--" Cara cut off the German's words by grabbing his hand and squeezing it quickly. He smiled down at her as the two of them wandered into the cold Stuttgart evening.

A.N. I have one more request (Marc Bartra). If I missed your request, let me know (I'm sorry if I did forget yours). Or you can just request whatever you want.