Alvaro Morata [~] New Love Conquers Old Love

For nyancec99: Alvaro Morata (sorry for the wait)

Melia and her boyfriend, Alvaro Morata, had been invited to a prestigious event hosted by some of the top sponsors of the biggest football clubs in the world. Basically, the players just had to model a few things, sign some more merchandise, and then would participate in a worldwide auction to benefit the development of football in poor countries by providing clean water facilities, balls, jerseys, etc.

All the players were allowed to bring a plus one to the event, and Melia was Alvaro's. Walking into the event, her arm interlocked with Alvaro's the two of them strolled around the display area, which showed off all the items that would be auctioned off, including a signed Morata jersey from his days back at Real Madrid.

Drinks and small horderves were provided. Melia and Alvaro separated momentarily so that he could do an interview for some magazine in Italy Melia didn't recognize. As she made her way over to the bar, she nodded to the players and WAGs she recognized. She finally was able to make it to the bar where she just ordered a water. She wasn't a big drinker, and she didn't hold her alcohol too well. Deciding to play it safe, Melia just sipped her lemon water and walked back to where she and Alvaro had split.

On her way to the spot, she bumped into a familiar German. "Oh, pardon me," she said as she backed away from the familiar man.

"It's no problem, Miss," Marco started as he turned around to look at the woman who had bumped into him. "Melia, is that you?"

"Yeah, I didn't know that you'd be here, Marco," Melia smiled. To passerby's who didn't know the two's history with each other would just assume they were old friends. The glare that Alvaro was shooting at Marco's head was a completely different story. Melia and Marco had dated for about a year before calling it quits. There were no hard feelings between the two, they had just simply not loved each other anymore. It was as simple as that. It was a mutual decision, and no hearts had been broken. Melia had of course told Alvaro of her history with the German, not wanting to keep any secrets from her boyfriend, lest he assume something later on down the road.

Yet, even with Melia's words ringing in his ears that they were just friends, Alvaro couldn't help but be protective and slightly possessive over his girlfriend. They were dating, as just about every single person out there could tell you. They seemed inseparable and perfect for each other, according to their friends and families. Alvaro trusted Melia completely around guys, but he didn't trust them around her.

It wouldn't have been the first time Alvaro had caught a guy talking to Melia or a wandering eye looking her up and down. But this one rubbed him the wrong way to a new degree. He knew they had history, although it was a relatively short and meaningless one, and that's what had worried him. Because in reality Alvaro was insecure about himself.

He wasn't the best player out there, and he had yet to stock a trophy case minimally. Yet, there were other young players in the room that had trophy cases filled already. He wasn't the most attractive guy, in his opinion at least (even though the numerous fan clubs that popped up around Turin said differently). He was insecure that Melia would leave him because she was out of his league.

She was the ideal woman in a good portion of the male population's minds. She was average height, not too short or tall. She had beautiful eyes and hair that any guy would want to run his fingers through. She was curvy, but not overly so. She was the perfect medium to everything. She was soft spoken when one would just meet her, only to realize later how loud and humorous she was around people she trusted. She was perfect, and he was not.

After he haphazardly finished his interview, he walked quickly over to the two talking in the middle of the main floor. The two were chatting about their careers, their achievements, their lives basically. Melia laughed at something Marco said, which Alvaro highly doubted was even slightly funny, which only quickened the Spaniard's pace. "Hey," he said, wrapping an arm tightly around Melia's waist, pulling her to his side.

"Oh hi. Alvaro, this is Marco Reus. Marco, this is Alvaro, my boyfriend," Melia introduced, noticing immediately how tense Alvaro was standing next to her.

"Nice to meet you, Alvaro. Melia here was just talking to me about you," Marco smiled, shaking Alvaro's hand.

"All good things I hope," Alvaro forced a smile in return, glancing down at Melia, who shot him a worried look.

"Of course. You think I'd talk bad about you to people?" Melia teased, hoping her joking would stop Alvaro from tensing again.

"You did to your mother," Alvaro joked, causing all three to laugh. After the laughter subsided, Alvaro quickly reverted back to his tense self. "It was nice meeting you, Marco, but I think that Melia and I will start looking for our seats," Alvaro excused.

"Not a problem. Bye Alvaro, it was nice meeting you. Bye Melia, it was nice to see you again," Marco waved, before walking away. Alvaro's hold on her waist loosened, letting Melia wiggle out of his grasp with ease.

"Are you okay?" she asked immediately.

"I'm fine," Alvaro stated, though Melia wasn't completely convinced that he was.

"Then why were you so tense?" Alvaro refused to meet Melia's eyes, which only further worried the woman. "Alvaro, look at me," she said softly.

"It's petty," Alvaro brushed off the topic, hoping that they could just go back to joking with each other.

"Nothing's petty if it gets you this worked up over it, now what's wrong? Did the interviewer say something to upset you?"

"No, the interview was fine. It's just that . . . I saw you . . . and Marco . . . and I was . . . a little . . . jealous," Alvaro sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at his shoes. A soft hand caressed his chin, causing him to meet Melia's eyes.

"Marco and I are just friends, Alvaro. Our breakup was mutual. In fact, he was just telling me about how his new girlfriend couldn't make it tonight because she had the flu."

"I'm sorry," Alvaro apologized. "I trust you, it's just that, I feel like you're going to leave me for some guy that's ten times better than me."

"Even if there's a guy out there that is ten times better than you, which I doubt, I wouldn't leave you for him. Because you are my definition of a perfect boyfriend. And you don't fix something that's not broken," Melia smiled, giving Alvaro a quick peck on the cheek.

"You missed," he whined.

"I didn't," Melia winked.

"I think you did. You're supposed to kiss right here," Alvaro informed, pointing to his lips.

"Fine," Melia sighed dramatically before Alvaro pulled her into a beautiful kiss.