39

Year-2013

A U T H O R

'What happened Soonyoung? Where are you taking me? Don't you have practice? Your sister needs me. She is so lazy to finish her studies for tomorrow's exam.'

Hoshi smiled at his mother's nagging but didn't say anything.

'Have some patience.'

The Kwon sibling's mother sighed as she checked the time.

It was only 9 in the morning. Hoshi knows where Y/N's house was. So he messaged Y/N and took their mother over there.

Y/N who saw the text, prepared 3 ways to talk with her mother. She felt excited and nervous and the same time.

She has made some light snacks since she knew that her mother always eats around 7.

-Ding-

'Whose house is it Soonyoung?! Are you dating?!'

Y/N could hear her mother's voice. She took a deep breath and opened the door.

'Hello, auntie. I am Y/N. Soonyoung's friend.' Y/N bowed.

Her mother stood frozen there.

For some reason, Y/N looked familiar to her. She thought it was maybe because of the same name as her daughter.

'Please come inside.'

After sitting on the couch, Y/N sat on the single-seated couch as Hoshi sat on another single-seated couch which was right beside the video games that Y/N brought for him.

Looking at her son's reaction, the sibling's mother knew that her son was familiar with this place.

'What is happening? Who are you? Soonyoung?' Their mother asked Hoshi who shrugged off.

'Ask noona omma. Noona will tell you everything eventually.' Hoshi said.

'Please be patient and listen to me.' Y/N was nervous.

Her hands started to sweat as she said,

'We have met twice before. One at the supermarket and another time in front of your house. I...I don't know how to say it.'

Becoming so nervous, Y/N's eyes became teary. She was still sick and not to mention how fast her heart was beating. The words she organized, were now fumbling together in her mind.

Looking at the girl in front of her who seemed to have a heart attack at any time, the middle-aged woman took her hands on her own to calm her down.

'It's okay. Just slowly tell me what happened?'

The middle-aged woman thought that Y/N was being abused by someone and wanted her help since she was on the peace committee and the woman's rights center's leader of that area.

'I can't tell you. You won't believe me. Moreover, I-I can't tell you...' Y/N repeated the same thing.

'B-But please do me a favor! I promise to help you in the future. I am already helping Soonyoung with his trainee.' Y/N said.

'Okay. What do you want me to do?'

'I...' Y/N was dumbfounded to see how easily her mother agreed.

'Can you accompany me to the hospital today? If possible right now?'

'What?' Her mother was confused.

'I-I mean, I want you to do a health check-up! Please! Don't refuse!'

Her mother didn't say anything so Y/N only could speak again. Hoshi was looking down at his hands all the time.

'My mother died when I was around your daughter's age.' Y/N started as her mother's ears pricked up.

'She died because of cancer which could have been prevented if they knew about it at an early stage. Soonyoung is like a friend and little brother to me. I also have arranged a manager for his agency. I also work in the BigHit agency. I know it seems crazy but I really think that my mother and you have similarities in many ways.'

Y/N took a deep breath and looked down.

'I have heard these from Soonyoung and couldn't help but ask him to come here with you. Please....Just this once, do a proper and full check-up. I will feel better if it is nothing but if it is then I will be happy to save someone.'

It sounded so absurd and not being fully satisfied Hoshi's mother really wanted to leave.

'Omma....please for my sake, can you do a regular check-up? I beg you! I promise to work and study hard. I promise to do whatever you ask! Just come to XXX hospital now!'

His mother looked at her son's pitiful look. She reluctantly agreed after hearing that the hospital was actually a renowned one.

Still, she had doubts about Y/N.

'I know you don't believe me fully. I promise to not come in front of you anymore after today.'

The sad smile that Y/N gave made Hoshi's heart clench so badly that his eyes became teary too.

He can feel how hard it was for Y/N to see her dead mother and try to change the future.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
'Ms.Kwon Y/N?'

'Yes, that is me.'

'Doctor is waiting inside. Please come.'

'Your name is Kwon Y/N?' Her mother looked at Y/N with narrowed eyes.

Y/N smiled and gave her the NID card and her employee card.

'I feel a special connection with Soonyoung because his sister and I have the same surname and name. But sadly we are not related to each other. I actually fantasized that maybe you are my long lost omm- uhh aunt!'

Their mother's mood was good after hearing her jokes and looking at her card.

'You are too young. What does your father so?'

'My father....just roams around after my mother's death. He worked for me and my big brother until we were adults and left his job. He spends his days fishing or doing other hobbies of him.'

'Oh. It must be hard for your father.'

'Yes, it is omma. So you must come back to our life so that appa won't be alone anymore.' Y/N thought.

'You know you look somehow like my daughter? As if she is your younger version?'

Y/N smiled.

'Yeah...I know.......'
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
'Noona what are you doing?' Jungkook pocked his head inside.

'Just writing down some lyrics.'

'You do know that you have a great potential for writing songs and producing them?' Yoongi asked who was sitting beside her and was analyzing her newly written lyrics.

'Sesh! Nah! I am not born for these.' Y/N said.

'These are written by you guys. But I have remembered all the famous songs! I want to write it down in case I forget the lyrics! I must not!' Y/N thought.

'Noona, why won't you show us the lyrics?' Hoseok whined as he saw Y/N taking her diary away after seeing Yoongi peeking.

'You guys will have full access but not now. Somewhere in the future.' Y/N smiled.

'When I disappear..'

TO BE CONTINUED.......